- Harlow, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 07 Apr, 2019
- Posted on 18 Jan, 2019
Summary of Role
An opportunity to join a small UK software development team, part of Raytheon Anschutz, producing high performance applications targeted at the maritime industry. Products include Integrated Navigation, Bridge and Surveillance Systems. The team is working in an agile (SCRUM) development environment primarily developing in C++ making use of modern tools from industry and the open source community. The successful candidate will require excellent communication skills and be an effective problem solver able to work under their own initiative as a prominent member of the team.
- Assist in the capture and analysis of technical requirements including estimating timescales and product delivery milestones
- Design, implement and maintain software across a variety of application types including back-end database management, communication infrastructure and client-server programming
- Front-end graphical user interface design
- Software testing (creation, documentation and execution) including unit tests and simulation tools
- Assist in evaluating and recommending new technologies, tools and processes to help maintain high levels of excellence
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Knowledge of C++ and object oriented methodologies
- Knowledge of data structures and their applications
- Good mathematical and algorithm development skills
- Development experience in UI Design (Preferably using Qt Framework)
- Other technologies including COM, ATL, STL, XML, Web services, Network Programming
- Knowledge of database coding and administration: SQL Server or similar a plus
- Integrated Navigation Systems,
- Surveillance Systems.
- Command and Control Display Software
- Tactical Display Software
- Electronic Chart Software
- Radar Systems Software,
- Camera systems Software.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Raytheon UK
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. It is a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and has developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, national security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems
- Engineering & industrial, Technology & IT
- Harlow, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1908