You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 50,000.0 per year
Our client is one of the worlds leading commodity trading companies who are based in London, UK.
They are looking to add a Group Accountant on an initial 6 month contract.
Scope of operations : 6 UK consolidated companies about 40 Group intercompany relationships.
The role interacts regularly with other teams in Finance, as well as other Trading affiliates’ finance teams, counterparts in other Group entities and statutory auditors.
Planning, budgeting and controlling of overheads also involves regular interaction with trading and corporate managers as well as branch Finance team in Paris.
Under the supervision of the Financial Reporting Manager, the corporate accounting analyst has a responsibility for the following activities:
- Quarterly IFRS consolidated accounts / intercompany reconciliations: monitor the intercompany reconciliation process and co-ordinate the resolution of any intercompany differences with the relevant accounting teams (London and other Group affiliates).
- Analyse the cause of disputed differences with relevant back-office, business and accounting teams across companies and set up action plans.
- Assist as directed with the Group financial reporting process : submission via the Group consolidation software (CAP) of statement of income, balance sheets and any other financial appendices for UK Midstream affiliates.
- Prepare the monthly reporting documents, statutory accounts and consolidation package, liaise with staff and management to ensure a good communication on these topics.
- Budgeting of overhead expense: Assist as directed in the preparation of the overheads budget of the Trading and Corporate business units (20 cost centres) by analysing headcount and expenses. This process in June-September of each year involves review of previous and current year expense, meetings with each manager, and creation of excel models that consolidate each cost centre budget into a summary for the business unit.
- Assist as directed with the preparation of the consolidated Trading overheads budget (including other Trading affiliates)+ communication to the branch Finance Division.
- Overheads accounting and reporting: Assist as directed in the computation of monthly review of overheads. This task involves : (i) building and adjusting accruals as needed, (ii) explaining any main variances to budget. Assist as directed on a quarterly basis with the quarterly reporting package to be distributed to department heads and report summary for Senior Management.
- UK statutory accounts: Assist as directed in the preparation of the smaller UK statutory financial statements of the Midstream group. The activity involves analysis of the accounting entries, proposing corrective adjustments for FRS 101 and materiality, preparing the notes to the accounts and taking the accounts through the audit process.
Extremely dynamic and innovative international environment requiring reactive and flexible attitude, anticipation, ability to adapt to headquarters requests. Variety of interactions across the financial function.
The position requires to act independently and proactively in completing tasks, and to demonstrate an ability to work in a time pressured environment to achieve reporting deadlines. The job holder must be able to manage working relationships with peers within the Finance department, counterparts in other Group companies, and interact efficiently with managers during the planning and budgeting process.
A basic understanding of the business, strong accounting skills as well as good communication capacities are required.
- Under the Financial Reporting Manager’s supervision, the corporate accounting analyst:
- Prepares the monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Prepares the company’s financial reporting obligations, internally to the Group and externally.
- Prepares the financial statutory accounts and also the small entities of the Midstream Group.
- Prepares the overheads Budget.
- High level graduate of accounting / business finance or intermediate level part-qualified accountant.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and an appreciation of various accounting standards (UK, International)
- Advanced IT application and strong data management skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Sun). Good spreadsheet modelling and numeracy. Clear communication and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of French is a plus.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Insight Recruiting
- Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in
16 Pepper St, Canary Wharf, London E14 9RP, UK