You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Watford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
What does a Formulation Scientist Industrial Placement have to offer?
Formulation scientists within Integrated Biological Platform Sciences (IBPS) design and prepare formulations for pre-clinical in vivo and in vitro studies and have oversight for issues relating to formulation and analysis problem solving, solubility assessment, formulation development, formulation preparation, formulation analysis, formulation stability, excipient toxicity and all compound aspects relating to GLP, safety and outsourcing.
A 12 month industrial placement position is available for a motivated scientist to join our team, learn about and conduct all aspects of the role and undertake a number of investigations looking at improving our processes and providing full characterisation and better understanding of our formulations. This is likely to include one or more of the following:
Evaluation/validation of a zeta sizer to determine the nanoparticulate size and zeta potential of formulations.
Investigation of formulation properties of different cyclodextrins for parenteral administration looking at supplier, degree of separation etc.
- Must be on track for a 2.1 (or above) in your undergraduate degree.
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of a Biology or Chemistry based undergraduate degree that is requiring a year in industry during the third year. You will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
- The course being studied should include modules that include aspects of both biology and chemistry e.g. biochemistry, natural sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, drug design, biomedical science
- Demonstrate an interest in following a career in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate and prioritise work, and effective problem-solving skills. Undertakes independent data analysis and interpretation.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare pr
- Health & Social Care
- Brentford, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1830