You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Basildon, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Graduate Programme develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
To implement business process enhancing SAP solutions using standard SAP functionality and customisation were necessary. Deliver both early life support for new SAP solutions and support to established in-house developed SAP solutions. Add value to existing business processes / procedures by improving efficiency and effectiveness.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge. As one of our graduates, you will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree can be used.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Design, configuration and testing in the various SAP Modules used by Leonardo UK
- Work with Business to analyse requirements, design and deliver SAP based business solutions
- Support production configuration and assist in functional change requests
- Work with the SAP Business Experts and ABAP resource to facilitate incident & problem resolution
- Provide support for data migration projects as and when required
- Participate in release upgrade or new functionality / enhancement assessments and make recommendations
- Perform break/fix analysis and recommend solutions for business related processes
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- All our roles require minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline i.e Administration and Information Technology, Business and Information Technology, Information Technology, Computer Science or a higher degree such as a MEng, MSc. or PhD.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a larger team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to get the best out of other people with different skills and backgrounds in order to resolve technical issues
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values its people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee discounts with selected suppliers, including gym membership
- Discounted coffee bar & restaurants at each site
- Free parking
What are you waiting for?
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Our Assessment dates run from November 2018 to April 2019 and roles WILL be closed once offered.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Basildon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948
Sigma House, Christopher Martin Rd, Basildon, UK