You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The role of the commercial manager in a contracting capacity covers all financial aspects of a project, from bidding for work through to the close out of final accounts when the project is completed. This involves procurement of works to maximise the profit margin, and the subsequent management of costs through the design and construction phase in order to ensure that margins are realised.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following.
- Assisting with monthly client applications
- Raising Interim Payment Certificates (IPC) for packages
- Administering Interim Statement of Accounts (ISA)
- Updating cash flows
- Cost management of allocated construction packages
- Supporting the drafting of subcontracts and agreeing variations costs
- Assisting in procurement
- Carrying out variations
- Cost reporting
Professional Qualification Routes
As a Commercial Management placement you will be given guidance towards CIOB or RICS accreditation depending on the degree you are studying.
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected), ideally in a Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management Degree,
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Mace Group
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and a deep-rooted entrepreneurial spirit. Together we strive to build more efficiently, more sustainably, more intelligently and more economically – to create cities and communities that don’t just function, but ins
- Consulting & Accounting, Property & Construction, Telecommunications
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1989
Moorgate Hall, 155 Moorgate, London, UK