You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Oxford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 22 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Software Project Engineer Placement
We are looking for people studying IT related degrees or those with a background and passion for technology studying maths or physics.
- Learn and implement scripted interfaces to factory devices, databases and ERP systems
- Work with customers to help diagnose and resolve issues, often connecting up to remote sites via VPN links and remote control screens
- Engage in the test process for product release
- Learn SQL in order to write complex queries on the Shopfloor-Online database which provide end-user reports
- Write Stored Procedures for Oracle and SQL-Server
- Observe and be part of the development and delivery cycle of a commercial software application
- Make on-site visits around the UK and Europe as part of the delivery and implementation team
- Be part of a highly skilled and dedicated team
- Free lunch and refreshments
- Relocation Package
- Free car parking
- Non-contributory pension
- 20 days’ annual leave plus the usual bank holidays
- Placement year in industry is highly desirable
- Skills in C# or .Net, although demonstrated Java or C++ experience would be considered
- Sound understanding of database coding, especially writing SQL.
- An understanding of stored procedure development would be advantageous but not essential
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- A long term interest in programming
- Excellent communication skills
About Lighthouse Systems
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Kantar Worldpanel
Kantar Worldpanel is the global expert in shoppers’ behaviour.
Through continuous monitoring, advanced analytics and tailored solutions, Kantar Worldpanel inspires successful decisions by brand owners, retailers, market analysts and government organisations globally.
With over 60 years’ experience, a team of 3,500, and services
- Science & Research
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 2002