You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 24 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Over the next 3 months Wikifactory will be working closely with product design teams who use a variety of digital fabrication machines (robotic arms, 3d printers, CNCs, etc...) to prototype and manufacture innovative products. We will be engaging them onto our social collaboration platform to share their projects and contribute to building an exceptional culture of open collaboration. In preparation for our public launch, we are nurturing these projects to come together on our platform as a unique, global community of designers, engineers, makers, technologists and other creative problem solvers.
You will be playing a supportive role in (1) engaging projects to onboard onto Wikifactory, (2) curating and sourcing content to populate our platform and (3) sharing the most exciting content on social media.
If you are excited about the coming 4th Industrial Revolution and want to take initiative in an area, there will be plenty of opportunity for you to get involved in deep innovation projects.
- Proficient English speaking and writing skills
- University degree or equivalent in design, architecture, engineering or in creative industries in general
- A fascination with digital fabrication technologies or interest in hardware development
- Knowledge about open source design/hardware
- Effective online research skills in gathering qualitative and quantitative information for copy writing
- Experience in using project management tools like Asana, Slack
-Experience in taking a design to final product, either your own digital fabrication project or replicating an -existing open source design/hardware project
- Involved or member of a maker community
- Experience in digital marketing platforms like Buffer for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Experience in using graphic design and publishing software, i.e. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign.
Why work at Wikifactory
- Get experience in a disruptive technology area that is impacting every product industry
- Nurture your passion in digital fabrication, and we will cover the costs of digitally fabricating your design to prototype
- Flexible hours (it’s not about the time you put in, it’s about what you do in that time that matters)
-International team with a broad range of expertise
How to Apply
Please send an email to email@example.com and include:
- a brief note introducing yourself and explaining why we caught your interest
- your resume or a link to it (LinkedIn is fine)
- a link to content you have published or community project you have been part of
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Wikifactory is a social design and production platform to enable distributed teams to design together, prototype faster and manufacture smarter. Inspired by the proven collaboration tools from the open source software world, Wikifactory empowers distributed and open product development teams to get their projects from design to producti
- Technology & IT
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2015