- Chester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
OverviewThe purpose of this role is to lead, manage and engage a large team of contractors to ensure we deliver safely an industry leading service. In particular ensuring we are compliant in everything we do including meeting and exceeding all our HSE responsibilities, operational delivery and proactive management of a tier two contractor workforce with a focus on compliance, quality and customer care.
- Location: Field based role covering south central/ south west
- Full time; Permanent
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Ensure all our work is safe and compliant in both technical as well as from a Health and Safety view
- Manage the installation work in line with our responsibilities using CDM 2015
- Ensure safety, quality control and productivity assessments are carried out so that all work complies with current codes of practice, standards and legislation, particularly, Health and Safety, to ensure the wellbeing of employees, customers and their premises
- Undertake all necessary checks to ensure that installed services and equipment can be reasonably and safely maintained
- To be the first point of contact for any operational queries for both internal and external stakeholders to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Record and report all defective materials and sub-standard quality/workmanship that do not meet the project specification/s
- Procure and build an installation capability to ensure we have enough labour to meet the sales teams needs and deliver our plans
- Prepare and actively participate in the project hand over process and ensure that appropriate documentations have been provided against a project handover check list
- Lead a team of contractors to ensure Safety and Customer care are at the forefront of everything we do
- Management of project performance of a multi-trade subcontractor workforce
The Ideal Candidate:
- Gas Safe qualification
- Relevant Health & Safety qualification for example - (IOSH or CITB 3 Day SSSTS, relevant CSCS card)
- IPAF, PASMA, OFTEC & any electrical competency certification would be advantageous
- Previous experience of managing a team within a customer service operation
- Strong customer focus
- Project management
- Understanding of CDM 2015 and the roles and responsibilities of each person/ groups
- Good literacy and numerical ability
- Evidence of strong Coaching and facilitating skills
- Creative and able to implement initiatives to improve performance
- Ability to gain insight from data
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Centrica plc is an international energy and services company with around 27 million customer accounts and a worldwide workforce of over 36,000 employees. It operates mainly in the UK, Ireland and North America through strong brands such as British Gas, Bord Gáis and Direct Energy.
Centrica is a top 50 FTSE 100 company focused on satisf
- Engineering & industrial
- in Chester, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1997