You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
AECOM is one of the world’s largest professional engineering consultancies, bringing a comprehensive portfolio of building services and engineering skills to projects encompassing all types of building and use from World Class Sporting Venues through to Commercial Properties, Healthcare & Research, Hotels, Industrial & Manufacturing, and Infrastructure both in the UK and increasingly overseas.
Building services engineers work closely with the design team to ensure the projects we create together sustainably perform to the brief and budget. Increasingly we work with our other internal business lines such as Architecture, Environment, Transportation, and our own Project Managers to provide a one stop solution to our clients. If you can bring passion and flair to our work, have a real interest in improving the built environment and want to now apply your engineering skills to the real world then we want to hear from you. Our Building Services Disciplines Include:
Mechanical Engineering - The quality of a building’s internal environment plays a significant role in determining its fitness for the purpose for which it was designed. The mechanical engineer by the application of modern control technology allied to energy efficient heating, ventilation and airconditioning systems, allows occupants to vary conditions within the building although this all starts with working with the architect to ensure the buildings form is sufficiently thermally efficient to enable energy targets to be met or exceeded.
Electrical Engineering - We deliver expert thinking to drive efficient solutions for High and low voltage power supplies, utilities, standby generation, UPS, resilient systems, small power, fire alarms, security, lighting and power. We pay attention to critical systems and resilience levels.
Public / Environmental Health Engineering - Water is life. Energy and water efficient solutions are delivered for hot and cold water systems, solar thermal, sprinklers, drainage systems, water treatment, fire suppression and irrigation systems as well as sophisticated water reclaim and recycling systems for optimum water conservation and Sustainable Drainage Solutions (SuDS)/Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD).
(Within Building Engineering we are also looking for specialists in IT, Security, CFD/Building Physics, Fire, Lighting, Building Structures, Façade Engineering & Acoustics.)
When a graduate starts with us we pair them with an experienced engineer who will guide and mentor them through their initial period working on live projects.
The following description lists a fairly typical approach to foundational training in your discipline; however, business needs, project task availability, and your training interests will also influence the scope and order of training. For your first year you will learn the following skills:
- Variety of analyses for different buildings from Offices to Hospitals to Data Centre’s and Hotels
- AECOM standards and symbols
- Microstation, AutoCad and REVIT
- Load calculation and Modelling software
- How to use Technical Practice Network
- Learning to navigate through codes and/or guidelines
- Complete our Safety Training
- System load calculations to enable central and secondary plant to be accurately sized
- Ensuring plantrooms and distribution routes are adequately sized
- Report writing for the appropriate RIBA stage
- Compiling technical specifications appropriate for the system components selected
- Determining the best technical solution and evidencing reasoning.
- Working on projects using REVIT & AutoCad
- Giving structure to ideas – lots of 'taking a first pass' at spreadsheets, reports and analyses for discussion later rather than instruction
- Attending meetings and workshops, learning from listening, asking questions and discussion
- Working with people from other disciplines to gain knowledge on new subjects
- Assisting in developing our designs through the different stages
- Inspecting and monitoring installations during the construction phase.
- Taking on more responsibility in managing our projects from inception through to completion as the graduate role develops.
- An accredited Bachelor degree (min 2:2 or equivalent) in Mechanical, Electrical, Building Services, or Public Health Engineering with honors, plus either an appropriate Masters degree or Engineering Doctorate (EngD) accredited by a professional engineering institution or an accredited integrated MEng degree, to pass or higher. Accreditation being with CIBSE, IMechE or IET.
- Good Bachelor’s degrees may be acceptable for an Electrical or Public Health Engineering position depending on an applicant’s other merits.
- Maths and Sciences A-Levels (or equivalent) would be advantageous, at grade ‘B’ or above
- Microstation, AutoCad and/or Revit would be advantageous
- Relevant Industry related work experience would be advantageous
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-perf
- Property & Construction
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1990
2 Leman St, London, UK