You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Glasgow, UK
- Posted on 08 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 22,000.0 per year
Sistemic is a cutting edge, rapidly expanding SME pioneering the use of microRNAs as cell characterisation analytes in the stem cell therapy space, for applications such as safety, purity, identity and potency. As part of our early access program for our SistemPSCCheckTM v1.0 service product, we will be working with two lead international cell therapy companies. We require to hire a life sciences graduate to support development of this product service. This is a 12 month placement, with the potential to develop into a permanent role.
We have developed SistemPSCCheckTM v1.0 droplet digital (ddPCR) assay, which is a first-in-class microRNA (miRNA)-based safety assay for the highly sensitive assessment of residual undifferentiated PSCs in derived cell therapies.
This project will provide support for providing our SistemPSCCheckTM product service within our Science Team. The person appointed will gain experience across many elements of client projects. Training will be provided, where necessary, in techniques and methods required to generate, analyse and report datasets. Sistemic offers excellent opportunities for career and personal development. This position presents the opportunity to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and gain experience in many varied aspects of working in a rapidly developing company.
Working with the Sistemic Science Team, the person appointed will facilitate delivery of our SistemPSCCheckTM product service to our key clients.
- Accurate logging receipt of client samples
- Sample processing and quality control analyses
- Study planning and design
- Processing samples via SistemPSCCheckTM analyses
- Data analyses and quality control
- Data reporting to Senior Science Team
- Accurate maintenance of both paper and electronic laboratory and data records
You will ideally be a recent honours or masters graduate in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline.
This placement is also suitable for a recent PhD graduate.
Skills / Experience
- Ability to write and follow detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- A good understanding and/or experience of RNA molecular biology, preferably having worked with microRNA
- Hands on experience performing QPCR and/or ddPCR experiments and analysis
- Good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- The ability to maintain meticulous laboratory records
- Experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and GraphPad Prism
- The capacity to work effectively with minimal supervision as part of the laboratory and project teams
- The ability to effectively communicate with people both internal and external to the company
- Experience with Roche LightCycler QPCR platform
- Experience with BioRad QX200 droplet digital (dd)PCR platform
- Knowledge of stem cell biology
As part of your placement, you will gain a broad range of experiences through working in a small, close-knit team. Opportunities will be presented internally and as part of the placement to encourage further training and personal development.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Planned interview date: TBC
Preferred start date: 01/01/2019
Sistemic’s primary business is focused on providing innovative micro-RNA-based problem-solving services and products to areas of unmet need within Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and the Cell and Gene Therapy research, development and manufacturing markets.Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
ScotGrad offers paid, project-based student placements and graduate fixed term contracts in dynamic small and medium sized organisations across Scotland.
Operated by Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, and the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services, we support Scottish businesses and social enterprises to f
- Recruitment & HR
- Glasgow, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2010