- Reading, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 12 Dec, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Joining as a Level 4 apprentice, you’ll be a valued member of the firm from day one. You’ll be challenged in the work you do as your skills and knowledge grow. You’ll find a personal approach, coupled with encouragement and support. You’ll push yourself to become the business professional you aspire to be. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, you’ll receive full study support towards gaining your ATT qualification. We provide the opportunities – you take them.
Our Private Client Tax department aim to be viewed as a leading provider of 'one-stop-shop' private client services. As part of the team you'll support both private client services and business tax by dealing with compliance for a variety of clients.
- Prepare and submit tax returns of various types as requested
- Calculate tax liabilities ensuring they are appropriately communicated to the client and tax payments are correct and made on time
- Assist in dealing with HMRC correspondence
- Communicating with clients to obtain relevant information or to resolve queries, dealing with Know your Client and other compliance matters etc
- Assist with any other aspects of the compliance function.
- Assist with the preparation of fee proposals for review
- Be sure all deadlines are met and ensure any difficulties are brought to the attention of a senior team of the Tax department or the Compliance Manager
- Assist with general administrative duties
- Develop an awareness of UK taxation.
- 5 GCSE's grade 4-9 with a 5 or above in English language and maths (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 104 UCAS points (or equivalent), attained or expected
- Competent using MS office
- Basic technical and analytical skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to study independently
This role will follow a Level 4 Professional Accounting Taxation Technician Apprenticeship standard.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
About Moore Stephens
Helping our clients thrive in a changing world.
We provide our clients with support and guidance to deal with new risks and opportunities. As a Top 10 accounting and advisory network we support a broad range of individuals and entrepreneurs, large organisations and complex international businesses.
- Consulting & Accounting
- in Reading, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1907