- Cambridge, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 31 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves solving complex challenges using electronics? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to improve? Would you relish the opportunity to apply these skills over a one year placement?
- A one year placement which will provide you with exposure to a multitude of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
- A team of aces to work with
- An open mind for new ideas
- Be studying towards a degree in Electronic Engineering or Combined Science with Electronics (or similar) from a top university and looking for a one year placement opportunity
- Have strong GCSE and A levels;
- Knowledge of analogue and digital engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of the electronics design cycle from initial concept through to circuit debug and test
- Have energy and enthusiasm to work within multidisciplinary teams and multi-task across projects.
You might also have (but not essential):
- Knowledge of SPICE simulators, such as LTSPICE
- Exposure to power electronics design
- Knowledge of embedded C applications for microprocessor platforms
Over the one year placement, you will work on various projects alongside our world class employees and gain an insight into consultancy and the exciting challenges we work on. This is a unique opportunity to experience clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to assist in meeting and exceeding our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will experience working across the product development lifecycle, from new concept generation and technology validation, through prototyping and full product development, to transfer to manufacture and sustainability.
A day in the life
At any one time we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors. As a one year placement student, you will have the opportunity to employ and improve your electronic design skills on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Typical projects will use multidisciplinary skills requiring team work across software design, mechanical design, product design and of course an electronics team that you will be part of. You will enjoy a variety of tasks such as attending daily stand-ups, concept generation, circuit design and simulation, debug and test.
In addition you will attend internal multidisciplinary progress meetings which will give you exposure to challenges outside of the electronics design field. You will also be included in interaction with clients through regular external project update meetings.
You will be based at our Sagentia office, in Harston, Cambridge. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment that solves a variety of challenges from different industries.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Our mission is to help companies maximise the value of their investments in R&D. We partner with clients in the consumer, industrial, medical and oil & gas sectors to help them understand the technology and market landscape, decide their future strategy
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT, Science & Research
- in Cambridge, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1986
Harston Mill, Royston Rd, Harston, Cambridge CB22 7GG, UK