You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Manchester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
What will you be getting up to?
Mott MacDonald has a specialist Economic & Social Development (ESD) team that works to aid understanding of the impacts, benefits and dis-benefits that may arise from policy, infrastructure, service reconfiguration and transport interventions. The team works across the UK on a broad range of projects; it also undertakes international assignments. We are looking to recruit people with inquisitive and analytical minds that are interested in understanding the challenges around delivering change and possess and ability to clearly evidence the effects of that change.
ESD’s specialist activities are grouped into four inter-related areas:
Economics – economic impact assessments, five-case business cases, spatial development and economic planning, infrastructure funding, transit oriented development.Intelligent analytics – Geographical Information Systems (GIS) mapping, data analysis, social and distributional analysis.Social – Equalities impact assessments, integrated impact assessments, social research, social impact assessments, market research, evaluation, consultation and engagement.Health – Health care planning, technical advisory, international health care, evaluation, impact assessments, health service reconfiguration.
We have multiple opportunities available in our London, Altrincham, Birmingham, Croydon, Liverpool, London and Manchester offices. Typical duties across this scheme include:
- Gaining experience in a portfolio of projects leading to becoming a project manager in that area.
- Supporting project managers to deliver projects on time and budget learning about the commercial and technical aspects of our work.
- Supporting the team in the identification of new opportunities and securing new work.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2.1 undergraduate degree in a relevant subject including but not limited to the following:
- Economics - Economics, economic development, urban planning.
- Analytics - GIS, spatial mapping, data management.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate analysis and good, clear, report writing.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- An ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of projects especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as knowledge of GIS packages for intelligent analytics roles.
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Mott MacDonald
Opening opportunities with connected thinking. Partnering with our clients, we are solving the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make, to unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- Croydon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1902