You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
The Economic Development and Regeneration teams are looking to recruit an Economic Development & Regeneration Consultant. In order to work on a wide range of projects at once, the individual must have an analytical mind, be flexible and organised. They should have an interest in a broad range of work in economic development and regeneration, research and quantitative and qualitative analysis.
The work of the Economic Development and Regeneration team is extremely varied and includes: socio-economic research and impact assessments; advice on major economic development projects and services; sector and infrastructure studies; cost-benefit analyses; business case development/economic appraisal; and surveys of employment land and business sentiment.
This is an entry level position for a recent graduate. The individual should be highly numerate, comfortable with quantitative data and analysis and will be responsible for the basic core research of the project. This can involve conducting internet or desk research, gathering information through phone or face to face interviews and site visits, or generating demographic information. The consultant is responsible for making the information comprehensible and for providing a base analysis for its meanings and implications, including providing well-written inputs into reports.
The role involves:
- Data collection, primary research, literature reviews and undertaking consultation with a range of stakeholders utilising a range of methods (e.g. telephone, face-to-face and electronic).
- Delivery of high-quality quantitative and qualitative analysis and research across a number of short and longer term projects.
- Interpretation of technical information/analysis in a clear, concise and credible manner, inputting into reports and proposals.
- Helping to identify project opportunities for the team.
- Supporting the creation of presentations for clients and internal presentations.
- Providing a range of other ad hoc advice and support for the team, such as proposals and marketing input.
The graduate will work as part of a team under the direction of Associates and Project Managers working on projects throughout the UK and Ireland. They will be paired with an experienced member of the team who will guide and mentor them through their initial period working on live projects.
The ideal graduate should meet the following requirements:
- Hold a 2.1 or First Class honors degree in Geography, Economics, Town Planning, or another relevant degree.
- Be highly numerate.
- Have a keen interest in drivers of economic growth in different geographies including infrastructure and land use.
- Computer proficiency with the Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hold strong interpersonal skills, and have the confidence to conduct face to face and telephone interviews.
- Be comfortable in dealing with quantitative and qualitative data and analysis from primary and secondary sources.
- Possess a writing ability that is coherent, grammatically correct, analytical, and professional.
- A good listener accepting of input from team members.
- A team player with a positive attitude who is highly motivated and proactive.
- Flexible in work approach and willing to travel to other offices when required.
- Effective time management and the ability to multi-task.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to continued education and improvement through participating in our approved training schemes.
- Although not essential it would be beneficial if the ideal candidate has experience and/or an interest in GIS, research or design (e.g. survey and sample design).
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, and each and every one of them makes a tangible difference to the environment we all live and work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-perf
- Property & Construction
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1990
2 Leman St, London, UK