You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 09 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 23,000.0 per year
Our client is a high-growth start-up that inspires kids to love foreign languages. They do this by creating beautifully-illustrated, original story books that start in English and end in a different language, delivered each month as part of a subscription box. We are looking for a superstar generalist to take the lead on customer service & a few new projects, and gain exposure across a growing business.
The company was started by two friends as a passion project a few years back. These days there are four of them full-time in the office (Alex, Jonny, Ollie & Ria) and they work with amazing illustrators, authors, translators, narrators and teachers to create good old-fashioned bedtime stories that give children access to the wonderful world of foreign languages.
- Customer service agent: first and foremost, you’ll enjoy surprising customers by going the extra mile to fix their problem. As soon as you’re done, you can’t wait to think through how you’d do it better next time. This is the biggest part of your job and you get a real kick out of it. You’ll also keep tabs on recurrent issues with the customer experience and feed them back to the rest of the team so they can all work on improving the company service.
- Keeping on top of the company's ad comments across social media platforms: you’ll pick up questions about how our subscription works, as well as the odd customer support question which pops up there too.
- Customer communications: you’ll plan, write, edit, & schedule their email communication with their subscribers, as well as creating engaging newsletter copy & content which gives an insight into the brand and brand personality.
- Managing our existing partnerships: you’ll take the lead on managing their existing language school partnership: communication, organisation & coming up with new ideas for how their partnership can grow.
- Taking on new projects: you’ll identify new projects for the business depending on your skillset and area of interest. Below are a few ideas, and they'd also love you to come to the interview with any new ones you have.
- Entering the company for awards: you’ll help spread the word about our client by finding & entering them for awards across different sectors (product & business)
- Organising events: you’ll work to organise and plan a calendar of events to showcase their Story Boxes to families
- Researching and creating calendar of cultural and linguistic events: you’ll find all the exciting and relevant International Days, celebrations, and events, so that they can capitalise on creating moments around each one of them and build them into their social, marketing & product calendars.
- General mucking in: as with all start-ups, there are always new things and ad hoc tasks along the way. You’ll be happy to get stuck in with whatever comes up: big or small.
- Deep passion for helping the customers and partners succeed
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable taking the initiative and solving problems autonomously
- Have a strong commercial and business acumen with an instinct for opportunity
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Have strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Someone who thrives working in a small, tight-knit team and a high-speed environment
- Experience in a customer-facing role with war stories of irritated customers that you’re now basically friends with.
- Any experience working with children or parents.
- Keen interest in languages, education or stories.
- A budget for you to learn anything you think might improve your performance or skill-set.- You’ll be based out of an abandoned piano factory in Camden Town (bohemian we know) with a bunch of other start-ups with the odd party here and there.
- Three ‘Duvet Days’ a month to work from home so you don’t have to worry about commuting when you don’t feel like leaving bed (or are a tad hungover).
- The opportunity to grow rapidly and take on additional responsibilities.
- A small, supportive & friendly team who all muck in to help each other out, with Friday evenings at the pub.
Duration: Permanent Contract
Location:Central London (Nearest tube station: Camden Town).
Start Date: ASAP
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Instant Impact
Instant Impact is a London-based recruitment company, helping talented students, graduates and experienced professionals find their dream jobs in entrepreneurial businesses.
We work with companies at every stage of the business journey, from early-stage start-ups to global powerhouses. Our team specialises in the following sectors:
- Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2011
London Bridge, 9 Holyrood St, London SE1 2EL, United Kingdom