You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Leatherhead, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 12 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Are you an aspiring school or college leaver looking to become a future business and finance leader? Are you looking to build a career with a recognized employer of choice for investing in future talent ('National Firm of the Year 2016 Winner' at the 2016 British Accountancy Awards)? If that is you then you need to apply for our AAT Accountancy Trainee programme for school and college leavers where you will train in the AAT Accountancy Qualification. We are looking for talented individuals to join us for a January 2019 start date in our office in beautiful Leatherhead, Surrey The AAT Programme
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Trainee Employers to work for in 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18 and now 2018/19 (Job Crowd.com) with our award winning training and development programmes for Trainees. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our Trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
- Undertaking planning and preparation of statutory and management accounts from client’s records.
- Assisting and undertaking audits offsite at client premises.
- Assisting with preparation of reports, proposals etc. under the supervision of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Preparation of VAT and tax returns for clients as directed by Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Bookkeeping (using Excel and Sage software)
- Liaising with clients and related third parties on behalf of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners as directed
- Developing and supervise junior trainees.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
Our AAT Trainees form part of the accounts/advisory and auditing team and you will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organizations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your AAT qualification, you can be given the opportunity to progress onto the prestigious ACA qualification which is on a three year Trainee Programme.
We want our trainees to be our next generation of leaders! Everyone is different and we don't pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that's consultancy, forensics, audit, tax, corporate finance, business valuations or accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training and development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate abut our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise. Menzies offer
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- A highly competitive trainee base salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 23.5 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR program and social events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required skills and attributes:
- School or college leaver (up to 12 months)
- Minimum three A-Level passes at grade A-C (minimum 300 UCAS points) and
- Eight GCSE's including maths and English, or equivalent.
- Passionate about working with people
- Commercially and strategically minded
- Strong at networking and relationship building
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
What we are looking for
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the Trainee Programme you'll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Menzies LLP
Menzies LLP is one of the UK’s largest regional firms of accountants and advisers to privately owned businesses. From our eight offices across London and the South of England we aim to deliver #BrighterThinking to businesses.
Brighter Thinking is how we sum up the difference we make to our clients. It’s our finance and accounting expert
- Consulting & Accounting
- in Leatherhead, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1912