You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 12 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 1.02 per hour
MyTutor is the UK’s leading platform for online tuition, and we’re on a mission to empower each learner with the expertise they need to reach their potential. Through our highly-engaged tutor community and interactive Online Lesson Space, we envision a future where any student can access high quality one-to-one support.
With the growing demand for personalised education, tutoring has become a £2bn market in the UK alone. Against this backdrop, MyTutor has become one of the fastest-growing and best-funded EdTech businesses in Europe. To date, we’ve worked with over 10,000 families, 250+ schools and raised over £10m from a mix of respected institutional and angel investors.
We’re a fun and passionate team of 30+ in a shared office in Old Street. Our diverse team have previously worked at GoCardless, Lastminute.com, Goldman Sachs, Barclays, BCG, and The Hut Group. As a whole we’re proactive, close-knit and easy to get along with.
We’ve got a space for a friendly & organised Technical Support Coordinator to join our team.
Job in a nutshell:
Your overarching goal will be to provide our customers, tutors and schools with friendly and effective technical support, ensuring the maximum number of completed Online Lessons possible, and promoting positive user experiences. You’ll play a key role in the growth and efficiency of MyTutor’s operations team.
What you’ll do:
- Respond quickly and effectively to requests for tech support from users through phone, email and live chat to ensure excellent customer experience
- Run technical onboarding sessions with new school clients
- Reproduce customer issues and file bug reports where necessary, escalating where appropriate
- Assist in developing support tools to help troubleshoot issues
- Work alongside product and operations teams to drive product improvement and development
- Manage all in-house IT equipment
What we’re looking for:
- You love using, troubleshooting and fixing technology. You’ve been the go-to computer person amongst your friends and family for years.
- You’re an excellent communicator who is at ease empathising with parents’ and students’ needs and feels driven to help others
- You learn quickly, work hard and enjoy finding quicker and more effective ways of solving problems
- You are able to work efficiently towards a target whilst ensuring attention to detail
- You are excited by the prospect of improving educational outcomes for thousands of young people
- Competitive salary
- Fun and relaxed working environment in Shoreditch
- Opportunity to work autonomously and make use of your creative flair
- Tuesday breakfasts, Friday drinks and regular team events & outings
- 24 days holiday (plus public holidays)
Get in touch with your CV and let us know why you’re interested in working with us.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
When a parent looks for a tutor, they don’t just want a subject expert, they also want someone who can inspire and motivate their child.
MyTutor’s marketplace matches school pupils searching for a tutor with university students looking for rewarding work. Lessons take place in an online learning space, which allows parents to substitute ou
- Academia & Education
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2013