You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Solihull, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 26 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
As a Graduate Engineer, you will join our team of bright professionals in our Solihull and London offices. From your first day, you will join an unrivalled community of experts, where you will be supported in your career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You will help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you will have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we will give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
What you’ll be doing
You will gain a thorough understanding of the role of an engineer, experience the use of software design and analysis programs and visit sites to see the work undertaken while at the same time working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer.
You will be involved in:
- Preparing structural design and analysis in coordination with the engineering design team as well as architects, quantity surveyors and clients for various projects in the building, industrial, vehicle design and infrastructure business areas
- Conducting structural analysis and prepare structural design
- Write reports and prepare presentations
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
What we are looking for
We are looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the industry and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we would like to hear from you.
- Thorough understanding of structural and mechanical engineering principles and be interested in diverse applications of these skills
- Interest in, or experience of, numerical analysis or simulation
- Strong A-levels (or equivalent). For UK A-levels we would expect at least A-grade in maths and physics and no less than B grade in other subjects
- Engineering degree (masters level in engineering science, mechanical, structural, civil, aeronautical or aerospace engineering) with strong results in all modules (2:1 or higher)
Accepted degree subjects
- aerospace engineering
- mechanical engineering
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 18/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 18/11/2018
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- Property & Construction
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1946