- Taunton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 21 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 30,000.0 per year
This is THE way to start as Graduate Developer and launch your Software Development career!
You’ll join a Microsoft Gold Partner providing business communications – including VoIP, broadband, fibre and Cloud applications – to 22,000 small-to-medium sized customers across the UK. Although you’ll join as Graduate Developer, you’ll quickly become involved in high-level technical decisions and help shape totally new and greenfield products!
To succeed as Graduate Developer, you will:
* Have graduated from a Computer Science, Maths or Sci Degree, and it must have included at least a module on OO Programming, if not more. You'll have a good grasp of OO principles, able to explain, say, what polymorphism is and why you would use it, and principles like extending classes, the difference between private, public and static methods, and inheritance.
* Have demonstrable interest in using OOP PHP as a day to day development language, particularly in the context of using it within a LAMP stack.
* Love learning, particularly self-learning!
* Have used Linux (either commercially or during Uni) and have experience on the command line. This knowledge doesn’t have to be incredibly in depth - moving between folders, committing to Git, SSHing onto a remote server, for instance. We use Debian, but the exact flavour of Linux you know is not important.
As if that isn’t enough, we expect all our developers to get involved in hackathons and code days, so that everyone can get their hands-on new technology and have the opportunity to learn. You will also be given the time to attend internal and external workshops because we know how important it is that tech does not stand still and, as you increase in ability, you will become a key part of helping us do that.
APPLY NOW to become our Graduate Developer!
Talent Point is a Hiring Communications business, working as sole hiring partners with our customer. We've ripped up the rules and torn apart this Graduate Developer job spec to give you total clarity and visibility, painting a vivid picture (approved twice, both at Line and C-level) of the way this company lives, breathes and behaves, and how your role will look over years not months. We present only three applicants for every vacancy so, where we do represent you, you have a very high chance of securing a role with pre-booked interview times to plan around, in-depth vacancy details and no delays. Are you ready to seriously invest in your progression? Let's design your future.
Talent Point is an equal opportunities employer and no terminology in this advert is designed to discriminate on grounds of gender, race, colour, religion, creed, disability, age, sex or sexual orientation or any other class protected by applicable law.
For information on how Talent Point manages and processes your personal information please see our privacy at talentpoint.co/privacy-policy/.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Talent Point
Talent Point are a Hiring Communications business.
We provide in-depth research to help companies plan technical vacancies that exactly match the market for labour. We document these vacancies as best-practice specifications that capture the attention of target applicants, then we smartly and selectively market them as managed Campaigns
- Technology & IT, Recruitment & HR
- in Taunton, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2002