- London, UK
- Posted on 07 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We are looking for a Fundraising Intern to be an integral part of our team at the Prostate Cancer Research Centre based in Central London. This is a great opportunity if you are a graduate or ready for your next step towards a career in Fundraising to gain solid experience and develop your skills.
You will be self-motivated and enthusiastic about working for a charity. You will assist our small Fundraising team with donor research (particularly Trusts and Foundations) and individual donations. This will include managing out portfolio of small Trusts and working on applications and stewardship. The role will report directly in to the Trusts and Foundations Manager but will work very closely with all fundraising streams. There will also be the opportunity to support our events team and social media activity. You will be well-supported throughout and integrated into the staff team.
The Prostate Cancer Research Centre is a small charity with a big ambition. Our mission is to find an effective therapy for men with advanced prostate cancer.
This is an exciting time in the charity’s history as we need to take our fundraising to the next level with a focus on Corporate, Trust and Major Donor Fundraising.
• Research in to potential funders as directed by the Trusts and Foundations Manager
• Copy writing and research for large scale funding applications
• Utilise PCRC’s donor database- Thank Q to support with the processing of donations
• Other responsibilities as required across the team
Skills and Competencies
- Confident in conducting online research
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to form a strong and compelling case for support in proposals
- Excellent IT Skills and experience of using a CRM database (desirable)
- Proactive and enthusiastic with a keen willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills, confident with making phone calls
What can we offer you?
- You will be joining a fantastic office environment with a great enthusiasm for the cause
- We will invest in your development as soon as you join the team
- You will gain valuable experience in the Charity Sector and the chance to work across fundraising disciplines
- A unique experience gaining insight in to the science behind finding a cure for Prostate Cancer.
Duration and working hours
This role willbe initially for 6 months
Your working hours will be 9-5 ideally full time but we are happy to discuss your working hours and days as part of the application process.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The mission of PCRC is to develop new therapy for men with advanced prostate cancer. Our immediate goal is to increase survival and our vision is a cure for the disease. The Prostate Cancer Research Centre is the only charity solely focused on funding world class scientists developing new treatments for advanced prostate cancer.
- Science & Research, Charity & Non-profit
- in London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 1988