- Southampton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 07 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 24,063.0 per year
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity that has become available for our Cygnet Autism South Services based in Southampton; Nightingale, Oakhurst Lodge and Amberwood Lodge .
We are currently recruiting a newly qualified Speech and Language Therapist to work 40 hrs per week, between Monday to Friday.
As a Speech and Language Therapist (SLT / SALT), you will manage a caseload of clients with a diagnosis of autism and other associated complex needs. You will work closely with our service users across the 3 sites to maximise their potential and enable them to enjoy the best possible quality of life via the delivery of an evidence-based SLT service.
To promote effective functional communication, social skills development, collaborative working and an appropriate total communication environment is an essential part of this role.
You will assess communication needs, whilst implementing and developing the SLT programme according to service user’s diagnosis and identified needs. You will be involved in setting SMART targets and using appropriate outcome measures to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions.
We are looking for people who have:
- A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Speech and Language Therapist and registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
- Membership of the RCSLT (Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy) or equivalent
- Experience working with Autism (ASD), Learning Disabilities and complex needs / challenging behaviours is essential
- The ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication / time management skills
- Salary of £24,063 per annum
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support
- Company pension scheme
- CPD opportunities
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
At Cygnet Health Care, we have almost 30 years’ experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Carla Bartlett (Head of Speech and Language Therapy) on 07803 248 026.Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.
- Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- in Southampton, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948