You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 30,000.0 per year
Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses.
Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry, governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism.
As part of a fast-evolving, $365 billion global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals.
In addition, our two year foundational development program, which you will join from day one, is unique in the industry and offered to all our graduates. This includes a multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance modules delivered by our global subject matter experts through to a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client facing skills.
Sponsored by the Willis Re leadership team, our programme also provides access to senior mentors and a “buddy network” to support your wider career development, with ample networking and experience-building opportunities.
This foundational programme is part of a world class Learning Academy that supports career development for all our colleagues, from graduates through to senior leaders.
Willis Re also fully sponsors professional qualifications including the CII and CFA Level 1.
*Fluency in Spanish is required for this role*
Willis Re brings together advanced analytics, risk transfer and transactional expertise to provide advisory and consultation on how risk portfolios impact performance, and execute on those capabilities to deliver improved financial results for our clients.
Our broking and analytics colleagues, including actuarial, financial and catastrophe modelling teams, operate globally and work in integrated and dynamic teams.
As a Graduate Broker, you will therefore be immersed in all aspects of client work, business development and internal service delivery for a varied and international client base from early in your career, including:
- Assisting in the marketing, negotiation, placing and servicing of client accounts, working with people at all levels within the client’s organisation
- Creating and interpreting numerical analysis
- Drafting contracts
- Helping to structure, place and service transactions
- Preparing pitch documents and presentation materials
- Supporting internal governance, compliance, risk and operational work
- Project managing internal teams to achieve agreed targets within prescribed timeframes
- Background research relating to client projects or internal growth initiatives
- Use of tailored Willis Re IT systems
- Travel as required
Willis Re is also an inclusive and diverse business, so you can expect to work in and learn from culturally diverse, multi-location teams on a regular basis, working on varying projects and client accounts.
Is this position right for you?
Successful candidates will have strong analytical and numeracy skills, and also a talent for communication, negotiation and all-round commercial awareness.
Minimum 2:1 degree and 128 UCAS points (2017 UK tariff) including A-Level Maths/Economics grade A/B or equivalent qualification.
You will also need:
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Ability to build strong internal and external business relationships at all levels
- Ability to engage with actuarial and catastrophe management colleagues and to demonstrate a level of comfort in discussions on these subjects both internally and with clients
- Ability to use data and information to build and support a persuasive argument
- Good IT skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to convey complex information clearly
- Ability to learn and follow internal procedures and controls
- An awareness of the sales and negotiation process
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines with a flexible approach to work and ability to adapt to change
- An eye for detail
- Desire to take on early responsibility
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Be a team player
The Bigger Picture
Willis Re works with academia through The Willis Research Network and bodies such as the UN and World Bank, as well as a range of NGO’s and Government Aid Bodies, helping connect the world of private capital to manage wider societal and environmental risks.
The global financial markets have also now developed the concept of insurance risk as an investable asset class: insurance-linked securities. This has opened up a huge quantity of new financial capacity to accept and absorb risk, with capacity provided by the traditional reinsurance industry augmented with the new capital from global financial markets.
Insurtech is another avenue for growth and development within the industry.
Willis Re sits at this exciting cross road of innovation, acting as a fulcrum to coordinate and develop all of these activities.
For more information, visit willisre.com.
The Application Process
Applications for the Willis Re Graduate Program are now open.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Application Closing Date: December 31, 2018
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be the end of August 2019
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Willis Towers Watson
You have nearly completed your degree, and ready for what’s next. Are you looking for a career that will inspire you, be challenging yet rewarding, and make a valued difference?
Consider a career with Willis Towers Watson -- and unlock your potential!
Whether you join us in Corporate Risk and Broking, Human Capital and
- Consulting & Accounting, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1828
51 Lime St, London, UK