You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 21,000.0 per year
Graduate Geotechnical Engineer - Birmingham - £Negotiable
Our client have a unique opportunity for a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer to join their team based on their Birmingham offices!
Due to continued success and expansion, our client, a prestigious and well known Environmental Consultancy have a rare opportunity for a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer to join the team and the ability to move forward with your career.
Upon joining the the team you will be happy to spend a significant proportion of your time managing site investigation work:
• undertaking preliminary risk assessments (phase 1 desk studies) and intrusive site investigations at locations across the UK
• managing fieldwork activities, including the collating of site data
• managing clients, engineers and subcontractors
• organising and managing projects in the following sectors: house builders, commercial property developers, public sector bodies, manufacturing and industrial
• undertaking project management duties, including assisting with the preparation of preparing health and safety documentation before and during any site works
• scheduling analysis of soil and water samples and writing factual reports
The successful Graduate Geotechnical Engineer will hold:
• BSc degree level qualified in geology/civil engineering or a related environmental subject essential
• A good knowledge of the principal soil and rock strata encountered in the UK
• Familiarity with and be able to interpret geological maps and published geological data
• A basic understanding of water, ground and soil gas monitoring techniques
• Ability to follow instruction, be self-motivated, exhibit a proactive approach, and work well within a team environment.
• Excellent written and oral skill
* Full, clean UK driving licence essential
For more information on this role please contact Neil Ellerton of Penguin Recruitment on 01792 341 104. Alternatively you can send through a copy of your CV
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Penguin Recruitment
Penguin Recruitment is a market leading specialist recruitment company serving Sales, Engineering and Environmental sectors. Since establishing in 2004 we have enjoyed a reputation for offering high quality, professional recruitment services delivered with a friendly, positive attitude.
Penguin Recruitment Consultants are selected for b
- Recruitment & HR
- Birmingham, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2004