- Durham, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 02 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 05 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The Human Resources (HR) Internship is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a basic knowledge of Human Resource and has a keen interest to grow in this area. Interns can apply their education, skills and experience while gaining practical HR experience in a higher education setting. As a HR Intern you will be responsible for supporting EMEA HR Operations with HR administration, support on local or global projects and learning from a busy team of EMEA HR professionals who are handling a high volume of new employees’ inductions as well as maintaining current employee details, contracts and information.
This Internship will be offered for a 6-month fixed term contract working full time hours and based at our Chertsey, Surrey offices.
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Administer relevant HR programmes, procedures, systems and plans and also bespoke global programmes for relevance in EMEA that allow effective management of all correspondence, reporting requirements and documentation, including personal details of all new employees and updating and accurately maintaining data of all existing employees
- Shadow and assist HR Operations in Employee Lifecycle processes from On-boarding to Off-boarding and tackle an agreed process during the Internship
- Building, maintaining and delivering the paperwork and logistics required for new hire set up process working with new hires to ensure their start with the company is smooth.
- Provide employment, immigration and reference letters for employees
- Build and maintain HR Employee files both hard copy and electronic
- Perform miscellaneous office duties (answering queries, coordinating meetings, etc.)
- Work as an individual contributor as well as an active participant in team projects
- Maintain a satisfied level of customer service with clients both internally and externally
- Handle client requests and deliver solutions in a professional and accurate manner if able, or raise the request to a more senior team member where appropriate
- Developing tools, guides and manuals to assist with the implementation and administration of HR-related programs, policies and procedures across EMEA
- Other duties, as assigned
- Studying for or recent graduate (within last 12 months) in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or a closely related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic office administration experience.
- Candidates should be keen to grow their Human Resources career and will either be currently enrolled or recent graduates (within last 12 months) and plan on pursuing a career in a HR field.
- Interest in EMEA country, state and local employment laws.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills to successfully establish and maintain professional relationships and work well and effectively with all levels of management daily.
- Excellent research skills with strong organisation and administrative skills.
- Ought to be detail oriented, with ability to set priorities and multi-task and handle own time and that of others to enable completion of projects.
- Ability to cooperate, take direction, work independently and actively in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality; reliability, flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to acquire new knowledge and skills and to be able to share this knowledge.
- Proficient use and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the internet.
- Daily computer use in an office environment.
F5 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About F5 Networks
- Technology & IT
- in Durham, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1996