You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Brentford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
What does a Digital Communications Industrial Placement have to offer?
A placement in the global digital communications team within GSK’s corporate communications and governments affairs department is an exciting role in which you will help to manage GSK’s global brand image and reputation through its corporate digital platforms. The team is responsible for the GSK.com global corporate web estate and social channels Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
You will work with the team to manage the channels (in the most part, GSK.com) and produce engaging and inspiring content with clear and consistent messaging to support the communications requirements across the business. You will be in contact with people in the UK and across the world, constantly developing your interpersonal skills as well your organisational and problem-solving abilities.
You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from channel and content experts across the business as well as external digital agency partners, while establishing a network of contacts. You will become proficient in web editing, web quality management tools, Google Analytics and running a community on Workplace.
- GSK.com web editor: manage and execute content updates; assist in planning, maintenance and development of global GSK.com and local market sites; support digital quality management across the web estate
- Provide consultancy on a range of external digital communications activities
- Multimedia creation and editing (including video, images, infographics)
- Build network and optimise communications with local market website owners/editors
What we are looking for
- Familiarity with web-based software– e.g. Umbraco or other content management systems
- Design skills are desirable – e.g. familiarity with Photoshop and ability to guide design-related decisions
- Must be able to work independently
- High attention to detail
- Good inter-personal / team working skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Flexible thinker
- Good networking skills
- Must be on track for a 2.1 (or above) in an undergraduate degree.
- We accept applications from candidates studying any degree with a keen interest in digital communications and content/marketing/media/design
- You will have completed a minimum of two years of an undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
The Assessment Centre date for successful applicants is expected to be on mid-February 2019.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
We will close for applications when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 27/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16/12/2018
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare pr
- Health & Social Care
- Brentford, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1830
980 Great West Rd, Brentford TW8 9GS