- Southsea, UK
- Part-time employment
- Apply by 28 May, 2019
- Posted on 16 Apr, 2019
Trainee Support Worker - Portsmouth Mental Health Services
Part Time - 16 Hours
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role where you are able to empower people every day to develop their skills and move towards independence? Do you enjoy working in an environment where every day is different to the next? Then this could be the role for you.
This role has been created to provide an opportunity for someone with lived experience of homelessness, substance misuse or mental ill health and we will give preference to applicants with this background. This is a fixed term contract for a year and is a great entry level position which can lead on to the role of Support worker.
You will be working as part of a team to provide support to our homeless clients who have additional substance misuse and/or mental ill health. You will love helping others and enjoy supporting individuals to achieve their goals and to become more independent. Your positive attitude towards your work and others will help to contribute to a great working environment.
Day in the life of a Trainee Support Worker
- You will learn how to assess and support our homeless clients
- You will help the support workers in coordinating various service responses to support our clients
- You will encourage clients with personal progression in the form of education, training, employment activity or volunteering.
- You will support staff by working with external partners (such as colleges) to maximise the opportunities available to our clients so that they can resettle in the community.
- You will assist clients to maintain their tenancy / accommodation by encouraging payment of relevant charges
- You will empower clients to achieve their goals for independent living
- You will help them with their practical skills in areas such as budgeting, shopping, cooking and housework.
- You will maintain records using relevant systems to a good standard
- You will attend training, supervision, appraisal and meetings as directed which maybe outside of your working hours.
- Any other reasonable task as requested by a member of staff
- We are a homeless housing association, offering supported accommodation in Hampshire, Berkshire and West Sussex for those who are homeless, vulnerable or in need of support. We will provide you with a full and enjoyable training plan from the beginning of your journey with us. We are committed to ensuring that you have the tools and the knowledge necessary to do your job effectively.
Choice & Control - We support clients make informed life choices putting them in control of their futures.
Openness & Honesty- We positively welcome people with a background of homelessness and value applications of lived experience of homelessness or of accessing support services. Once successful for this role, you will need to provide an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.Equality & Diversity -We are an inclusive organi
Discover thousands of entry to mid-level jobs on Advance.careers. All opportunities - one platform, curated for you by AI-powered career assistant.