- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 31 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 32,000.0 per year
Reporting to the Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager and based on site or sites, the Graduate Quantity Surveyor will form part of the project Commercial team and work closely with the Design, Planning, and Construction teams as necessary..
- Help to ensure the forecasted project margin is met or exceeded
- Assist in preparation of cost forecasts, monitor financial status, and prepare cash flow statements.
- Provide input for financial reports to Executive Management Team
- Ensure site supervisory staff are aware of the project’s scope of works and inclusions in tender packages
- Help to prepare tender documents required for the procurement of sub- contractors and obtain approval from all relevant parties
- Arrange the collation of quotations, reconciliations and letting of tenders for contracts within budget
- Assist in preparation of all contracts and documentation for inclusion in tender packages Comply with contract Management policies & procedures as outlined in the Multiplex Project Administration Manual (PAM)
- Assist in administering the sub contract, including;
- Requesting variations and assisting in preparing valuations
- Assist with payments to subcontractors and suppliers
- Day to day administration of contract terms & conditions
- Undertake any additional activities required by the Commercial team
- At all times, comply with Quality assurance, Multiplex Management systems and processes
- At all times comply with Multiplex SHEQ policies and guidelines
- Assessment of works completed and preparation of monthly applications for payment
- Liaison with client or representative, to assess progress claim
- Assessing variations
What we are looking for
We accept applications from students who have degrees in engineering, construction management, architecture, quantity surveying or other construction related subjects.
To be eligible to apply for the Graduate Programme you need to:
- Be a student expecting to complete a relevant university degree before September 2019 - or a graduate who has successfully completed a degree no earlier than September 2017.
- Are working towards or have obtained a degree classification of 2.1 or above.
- Have the right to work in the UK at the time of employment.
What do we look for in our graduates?
Successful applicants will be high achievers with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will have extracurricular interests outside of work and be able to evidence a genuine interest and desire to work at Multiplex. You will have strong commercial acumen and fit the culture of the business and live our values.
These mandatory attributes will be tested throughout the recruitment process.
- Relevant work experience within construction over summer/year our during studies
- Good graduate level knowledge of your assigned discipline
- Experience of working within a team environment
- Experience of delivering excellent results and high personal performance within a role
- Intermediate skills in MS excel and word and and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work to deadlines and conflicting priorities and learn and apply new procedures quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work in pressurised environment with a good eye for detail
- Appropriate initiative, ability to work independently when necessary.
- Currently studying towards a construction related degree
- A-levels or equivalent
- C or above maths and English GCSE or equivalent
Accepted degree subjects
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Closing date: 31/12/2018
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Your personalised job suggestions
Graduate at Vanbrugh Group Limited