You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 30,467.0 per year
Contract Type: 12 Month Fixed-Term
Salary Range: £25,042 - £30,467
In this role, you will:
The Events Assistant will work closely with the Events Manager and Events Officer and other divisions within the College including Education and Professional Development, Research and Policy and also the President and CEO.
Support the Events Manager in the delivery of the conference logistics, social events, and exhibition arena and sponsorship activities.
This will generally include:
- Assist with administration of speaker logistics.
- Support the operational activities in relation to the trade exhibition and sponsorship programme, such as raising invoices and sending confirmation documents.
- Attend the Conference for all 3 days and support the team in various areas, such as working on the registration desk, meeting and greeting delegates and assisting with venue liaison
- Dealing with enquiries on the phone, email and in person.
- Assisting with the preparation of agendas and committee papers, production of minutes and taking appropriate follow-up action, as and when appropriate.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written and the ability to present information in a fluent and persuasive manner to people at a range of levels
- Ability to develop partnerships with others to deliver the best possible overall service to others. In particular, the ability to liaise with senior management within the College including the President and CEO.
- Positive about change, adapting rapidly to different ways of working and putting effort into making them work.
- Ability to plan and organise tasks effectively by thinking through things in advance, prioritising and managing time well.
- Flexible and open to alternative approaches to problem solving. Makes suggestions for change and puts ideas forward for improvement.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Explorer, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience of working within a fast-paced team and supporting that team as and when required
- Experience of supporting either large scale events or a large portfolio or smaller meetings
- Suitable GCSE and A Levels with clear proficiency in mathematics and English – in particular good written and verbal skills
- Closing date: 9am Wednesday 26th September 2018
- Shortlisting: Thursday 27th September 2018
- Interview: Thursday 4th October 2018
The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health is a Disability Confident and Stonewall Champion Employer
No agencies please.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.