You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Milton Keynes, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
New Grad - Digital Workspace - Sales Associate UK - VMware Academy (Start: Jul 2019) England, United KingdomSave this jobRemove JobApply Now Job ID R187908Start: 22 Jul 2019 Location: Phoenix House, 202 Elder Gate,
Milton Keynes, MK9 1BE
University Summary:VMware invests for the future in VMware’s Global Sales and Services Organization through the VMware Academy which is a global development program that is designed to fast track new graduates from in-depth training into successful careers within the Worldwide Sales and Services organization. As a part of VMware Academy, you will begin your journey by being immersed in 6 weeks of collaborative training known as Foundation (classroom) in Cork, Ireland. The academy involves sales, technical and product training for all participants. Upon completion of Foundation training, you will return to your home office and move into Role Based (on-the-job) training over the course of 4-6 months depending on role and location. During your Role Based training you will continue to develop your skills and product knowledge while creating meaningful mentor relationships that will ignite your career. After Role Based training, you will have completed Academy and transition into your role and business unit. We're looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics and great communication skills. With continued development, manager support, and ongoing mentorships your growth is limitless. We look forward to seeing you in Worldwide Sales and Services.
Business Summary:VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defence-in-depth approach to cybersecurity. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Enterprise consumerization is changing the way users think about the role of technology in business, forcing companies to reimagine how they deliver the apps and services that employees, customers, and partners need to be productive. With a digital workspace based on a flexible, agile software-defined infrastructure, IT teams help ensure smooth, policy-based access, using the device employees choose. VMware empowers the digital workspace by delivering an experience that is consumer simple, yet enterprise secure. VMware’s solution makes it fast and easy for organizations to adopt new services and workflows while optimizing security with rich contextual access policies.
VMware is building the next generation of sales professional, by joining our Digital Workspace team, you will have the opportunity to join a top performing business and learn the skills to develop your career with opportunities in our UK based sales team. Our longer term objective is to develop individuals, and ensure they are ready to take field sales roles across EMEA. If you are selected for the graduate team, you will undergo training to include participation in a variety of customer and partner facing sales activities/tasks. Development is very hands-on and practical with an emphasis on experiential learning by doing. Topics to be trained include: Fundamental Sales Skills, Distance Selling, Commercial Presentation skills, Account Management and VMware Technologies. After successfully completing the training period, graduates who perform will progress into one of the regional sales teams, and be focused on driving revenue through new customer acquisition and development of existing accounts. The Digital Workspace sales specialists work both independently, and alongside our EUC Field sales teams, and core VMware sales teams.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Be a valued member and contributor to the EMEA Sales and Field Marketing teams
- Develop and maintain proficient knowledge of products and services, industry trends, and competition
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and obtain business requirements while maintaining accurate account and contact information.
- Drive and continuously improve customer and channel partner experience with greater opportunity engagement and longer-term relationship build
- Effectively promote VMware’s value driven suite of solutions to prospects, customers, and partners audiences through discovery, positioning, and objection handling.
- Drive and own the sales for Digital Workspace, for a segment of the assigned sales territory, into existing customers
- Execute to a plan to drive acquisition of new customers to Vmware and the Digital Workspace solution.
- Engage timely in collaborative channel sales activities while also driving new and incremental solution adoption amongst your existing VMware customer base.
- Create, qualify, update, and accurately forecast opportunities within Salesforce.com through our reliable global sales methodology
- Complete general territory admin duties to include special pricing forms, re-assignment management, customer/partner issues as appropriate
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in International Business, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Economics or relevant field of study
- A desire to learn and be challenged, whilst embarking on a career in Enterprise Software Sales
- Persistence and initiative with a track record of success in academic achievement to date
- Dynamic individual, keen to work and collaborate in a high-energy team dependent environment
- Positive and engaging phone manner, excellent listening and interpersonal skills, strong writing skills
- Inquisitive commercial interests, manner, and aptitude
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and succeed in a rapidly changing environment
- The highest levels of integrity, consideration for colleagues, and emotional intelligence
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
- Fluency in English
- A career objective to progress to a field sales role in the UK or native country
- Hands on IT experience from either Internships, Co-Ops, Work Experience and/or Projects. Ability working with cross functional teams
- Prior customer-centric work experience
Equal Opportunities Statement:We truly believe in the Power of Human Difference. At VMware, we celebrate our people from a wide variety of dynamic backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We deliver transformative IT solutions by building a community that is inclusive and diverse. The passion and collaboration you will find in joining the team is what makes this opportunity one of the most attractive in the market.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
England, United Kingdom
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the ntire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-d...
- Technology & IT
- Staines, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1998