You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Warrington, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 12 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 28,000.0 per year
About Costain and your project.
You will join the Training Program which is accredited by the IET and is designed to equip graduates with the skills and experience required to take them forward in their career with the company. As a Graduate Electrical Engineer you will be assigned a mentor to provide support in your professional development and to guide you towards chartership.
The training program provides “on the job” technical development with graduates working on real work assignments under supervision and rapidly taking on responsibility for design work across the full project lifecycle within multi-disciplinary project teams. You will then be given opportunities to carry out site based roles in Electrical Engineering, and Commissioning across a range of projects, from simple schemes to more complex schemes. We expect graduates to rotate after 12 months to another sector of the business.
Costain offers a range of exciting development opportunities to accelerate your career and enable you to achieve your potential both during and after the Graduate Development Scheme.play-rounded-fill play-rounded-outline play-sharp-fill play-sharp-outline pause-sharp-outline pause-sharp-fill pause-rounded-outline pause-rounded-fill 00:00 02:39 02:39 CCClosed CaptionsNo subtitles Technology Enabling Services
What will I be doing?
- The design work undertaken by Graduate Electrical Engineers is varied and assignments can include work across all project phases.
- Engineering can include technology selection; evaluating scope of works and tender responses, completion of Technical bid analysis and to recommend the preferred suppliers / technology.
- Site based Engineering work will include development of commissioning plans, review of supplier performances, ensuring all suppliers are expedited to meet programme requirements, input to Electrical programmes.
- Commissioning role will involve development of the commissioning plan, development of the commissioning programme, Health and
- Safety reviews of all installation Method statements and risk assessments, ensuring suppliers work safely on site, integration of suppliers on site for installation works, dry testing systems, wet testing systems, and monitoring systems throughout its proving period.
- Business rotations will normally be provided into other business functions in order to provide further breadth of experience which can include: Business Strategy/Development, Project Engineering, Project Controls, Construction, Commissioning, Design HSE, Proposals and Work Winning.
- Self-motivated graduates possessing good communication and work organisation skills coupled with a record of excellent academic achievement.
- 2:2 MEng or equivalent in a Mechanical, Electrical (or combined) accredited IMechE or IET Engineering degree.
- Mobility to work on secondment to any of our offices or project sites is required.
- To enable us to fully assess your application, please ensure your application includes details of your educational qualifications at both degree and A Level; university course modules and projects undertaken, yearly degree course results, nationality, work permit status (where applicable) and driving license status.
Please note, assessment centres will take place in our Head Office based in Maidenhead, SL6 4UB.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Costain Group
At Costain, we are transforming into the UK’s leading smart infrastructure solutions company.
Through our integrated consultancy, technology, asset optimisation and complex delivery services we are meeting the essential needs of the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
Our work drives efficiency, safe
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- Maidenhead, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1865