You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 29 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Global Corporate and Investment Banking (GCIB) provides advice and services to large corporations, governments and institutions around the world. GCIB provides the firm’s clients with a broad range of services and products, including mergers and acquisitions and strategic advice, lending, access to debt and equity capital markets, treasury services and tailored risk management solutions.
Global Corporate and Investment Banking is split into four areas:
- Corporate Banking
- Debt Capital Markets
- Equity Capital Markets
- Investment Banking
The Investment Banking division provides advice to CEOs, CFOs and Boards of Directors of our clients on strategic topics including mergers and acquisitions and capital structure. Our bankers also work closely with product specialists in Equity Capital Markets and Debt Capital Markets and Corporate Banking to originate and execute debt and equity financing and treasury solutions for our clients.
The Investment Banking division is organised across industry coverage, country/region, and product teams. Industry coverage teams include Consumer and Retail, Natural Resources, Financial Institutions, Financial Sponsors, Healthcare, Multi-Industries, Real Estate, Gaming and Leisure, and Technology, Media and Telecoms among others. Product teams include Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Finance and Leveraged Finance. Country coverage teams include all regions in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and are partially or fully based in regional offices.
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on the job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
As a Summer Analyst within Investment Banking, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Work on projects alongside bankers in specific industry, product and country coverage groups, providing you with a unique learning opportunity.
- Help the team deliver solutions to clients leveraging full spectrum of the bank's capabilities.
- Actively contribute to the preparation of client presentations and underlying financial analysis
- Build relationships, knowledge and experience that will open doors to a wide range of future career opportunities.
- Through our unique pooling system, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple areas, giving you a first-hand understanding of the investment banking profession and offer you the chance to explore your best fit for full-time placement.
- Candidates are required to be a recent graduate or in their penultimate or final year of study pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applications are accepted from a diverse range of STEM degree disciplines.
- Fluency in English is essential for all roles.
- For some roles within Emerging Markets (including sub-Sahara Africa, Russia and China), a knowledge of those regions is required so that support in the marketing of products, advising and coordinating the marketing effort to existing and potential investor base in the emerging markets region can be provided.
- Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent).
- You'll need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets.
- Team-work, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people.
- Displays analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Influences decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
Our Commitment to Conduct and Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
Analyst Internship and Full time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once applications open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it’s best to submit your application early.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the Global Banking and Markets busi
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1914
2 King Edward St, London, UK