- Harrogate, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 07 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
CMS Distribution is one of Europe’s leading specialist technology distributor, a growing and successful business with 350 people across six locations in the UK and Ireland, plus locations in the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Australia and China. Due to expansion we are currently recruiting for a dynamic Gradugate to join the MIS team as a Qlikview Developer. Ideally seeking an individual who will utilise the necessary skills in QlikView design and development; to provide management information to suit the current business needs. This role will be based in our Harrogate Office.
Purpose of the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to start a career in business intelligence with one of the leading technology distributors in Europe. This role is ideal for a person with a keen interest in computer programming, data analysis and data analytics. You will play a key part in shaping the way business reporting rules are managed and maintained across QlikView and CMS’s main data sources: SAP ERP and CRM.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a numerate subject (placement year desirable)
- Interest in predictive analytics, forecasting and mathematical modelling is desirable
- Experience of processing large data sets
- Advanced MS-Excel skills (including VBA)
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence to maintain protocols in the face of business demand for 'instant’ deliverables
- Self-starter able to proactively manage projects
- Skilled at applying strategic thinking to problem solving as well as meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to share knowledge
It is essential for the Qlikview Developer to be a team player. This is intrinsic to the way the Business Process and Information Management department works as we rely on information sharing to develop each other and ourselves in order to optimise our service provision to the company. A commercial mindset is imperative as this enables you to interpret the Return of Investment of your analysis and development. A keenness to learn and develop yourself and the role is vital.
You will need to be willing and able to travel to and spend a number of days at any of the company offices in the UK and Europe (typically 2 days per month).
The successful candidate should be passionate about data, customer service and how data analysis and information presentation can promote better operations and decision-making capabilities within an organisation.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Working with the Senior QlikView Developer your role will be to:
- Build and maintain QlikView Apps and reporting in line with latest business rules.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to analyse reporting requirements and design and develop solutions
- Undertake and assist with project work to improve reporting accuracy and system performance
- Keep aligned with source data changes in SAP ECC/CRM as they affect QlikView
- Take responsibility for the spec, design and production of N-Printing reports to business request.
- Liaise with the CMS Technical Department on systems, file and server management
- Plan, create and maintain work schedules and project plans
- Assist with any project to incorporate QlikSense into our reporting portfolio.
- Liaise with trainers and super-users to ensure they are fully equipped to roll out changes to reporting and are aware of these changes before they are deployed.
- Help develop and manage compliance to strict change management processes and protocols
Full job description available on request
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.