- Sheffield, UK
- Apply by 06 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 23,000.0 per year
City Hearts are currently recruiting for a Communications Officer based in Sheffield. The post holder will work with one of Sheffield’s leading PR and Marketing companies PR Lead, to devise strategy for and then write, edit, co-ordinate and publish content across various channels, including the website, social media, and print and online marketing materials. They will also be supported to plan and implement communications and marketing campaigns to raise awareness or funds, while progressively improving organisational understanding of what works for different audiences.
City Hearts was founded in 2005 with a mandate to fully restore those with a history of vulnerability and exploitation. We began with a single home to help women with life controlling issues and shortly after welcomed our first survivor of Modern Slavery. Since then we have expanded dramatically across multiple regions and now provide accommodation and outreach support to hundreds of survivors of modern slavery every year, as well as continuing to house and support women with life-controlling issues.
The Role:(refer to job description for full profile)
· Work with Managing Director and PR Lead to develop and deliver communication strategies across the entire spectrum of comms disciplines including: media and public relations, internal comms, brand marketing, advertising, marketing, digital and social media and production of materials.
· Work with Managing Director and PR Lead to develop key messages, lead on creating and maintaining appropriate and consistent language and terminology across all media.
· Lead on copy writing, production and distribution of marketing materials and key publications
· Source appropriate images to accompany stories
· Work with PR Lead to create media press pack, press releases and statements as needed
· Take responsibility for the development and management of the website in conjunction with third parties, and develop, manage and update content for website
· Daily management of social media accounts, and communications with supporters and interested parties, building relationships with existing supporters and donors online.
· Produce in partnership with Multimedia Editor, edit and distribute updates of materials for external and internal audiences, such as regular newsletters, marketing and communicate events, such as seminars, conferences, and events for the public
· Communicating appropriately and dealing sensitively with those whose personal experiences might be featured
· Provide communications support for campaigns
· Ensure consistent branding is used
· Help maintain and build reputation
· Act as brand champion
28 Days Holiday (based on 40 hour working week)
Perkbox - local / national discount scheme + app
Training / Career Progression
Various courses - personal and professional development
Group supervision regularly - share best practice
Closing date for the role is midnight on 19th November. Interviews to take place w/c 26th November.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About City Hearts
We believe that every life matters and exist to love people back to life, relentlessly pursuing the freedom and restoration of every person.
Our aim is to leave a legacy of freedom, dignity, justice, strength and love.
City Hearts exists to provide hope to the most vulnerable, with the goal of loving them back to life.
- Health & Social Care, Charity & Non-profit
- in Sheffield, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2005
The Megacentre, Bernard Rd, Sheffield, UK