- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 16 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 17 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
As the Product Manager for EMEA for Credit Solutions in S&P Global Market Intelligence you will lead the product management efforts in Europe, Middle East and Africa and will work closely with the Head of Credit Solutions (EMEA), Leadership, Product Teams and Commercial to help grow the Credit Solutions franchise and develop market strategies. You'll play an important role in the development of short and long-term plans and initiatives, lead product development efforts for the region, and be the first point of contact for the commercial organization and partner with them to drive growth of ACV and usage in line with global and regional plans.
Specific Accountabilities for this position are as follows:
- Serve as product manager and client use-case expert for RatingsDirect (desktop) and RatingsXpress (data feed), primary products of Credit Solutions for the delivery of ratings and research to the credit marketplace
- Be first point of contact and partner for the commercial organization on: Definition of new market opportunity for Credit Solutions through “white space” (new clients) and “green field” (product penetration) analyses of client segments, and execution of tactical plans.
- Creation of “user stories” for the RD, RX and CreditPro (default data) products based on client workflows - with the goals of fostering continued use of S&P Global products/platforms or services as well as proposing new products ideas based on their needs.
- Meeting usage & annual contract value (ACV) growth target.
- Help the commercial teams to structure complex and new deals that require deeper knowledge of commercial principles of ratings IP
- Develops market inquiry/outreach plans and interpret results of product/platform opportunities
- Ensures product collateral reflects various target market value propositions.
- Lead and manage applications for technical resources through the internal prioritisation process for Credit Solutions in EMEA and for global projects (product strategy, business case development, product owner within CPP framework, go-to-market)
- Drive content and analytical initiatives unique to the EMEA region or with strong client demand from e (e.g. local ratings, local language, covered bonds, leveraged loans) in line with European regulation and Ratings priorities
- Communicate progress on roadmap deliverables and facilitate training to stakeholders within analytic practices for the region
To effectively accomplish these, responsibilities will include:
- Deep knowledge of credit ratings and related products (RatingsDirect, RatingsXpress and CreditPro)
- Ability to analyze usage statistics and other client reporting metrics
- Evaluate sales pipeline, renewal rates, price optimization
- Analyze the book of business and operating metrics, and drive go-to-market strategies
- Developing “go to market” strategy for commercial teams for new markets, product enhancements and use cases
- Collaborate with marketing and training teams to establish effective marketing programs, packaging & positioning collateral, training materials, and sales materials
- Support major client relationships, client training, renewals and new business
- Understand commercial and legal aspects of licensing usage of intellectual property
- Understand European regulatory environment, including ESMA, IFRS 9/CECL, Solvency II and MiFID II regulations
- Collaboration with commercial sales, segment product managers,
Profile required for the role:
- Natural curiosity about our products and market trends and how we can serve them
- Ability to influence, negotiate and build trust (sales, ratings, MI leadership), strong communicator
- Ability to command respect with senior audiences (internal and external)
- Comfortable Juggling multiple projects and working under pressure
- Capable of constructing out resources from existing pool of talent in and outside of CS
- Presentation skills (both in spoken and written formats), e.g. strategic plan development, ppt skills, client interaction skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively and collaborate across global teams and with multiple functional roles (also includes: technology, data & content operations, client services)
- Progressively responsible professional experience within sales and/or product management
- In depth knowledge and understanding of credit rating agency products and services
- Experience with ratings criteria, credit methodologies, fixed income markets
- Tech savvy – understand latest technologies for desktop and feed product development
Qualifications and key skills:
- BS/BA Degree or educated by experience (MBA preferred)
- European language skills would be an advantage
- Understanding of the different types of financial institutions, their business activities and how this relates to Ratings data and content products
- Skills in analytical tools such as MS Excel, statistical packages, data query tools as well as understanding of all other MS office products
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.