You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Chesterfield, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 28 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Heraeus Electro-Nite UK (HEN), part of the global Heraeus group, are the global market leader in the field of measurement technology for molten metals, providing the Iron & Steel industry with integrated measurement systems consisting of sensors, instrumentation, and associated hardware. These systems provide a wide range of measurements including those for temperature, oxygen, hydrogen, and carbon. The Chesterfield site is the HEN Group’s design and manufacturing centre for continuous temperature sensors used mainly for continuous casting machines in the global steel industry. Our customers rely on and trust the high-quality, innovative products and services we provide.
We respond with innovative, value added products and services that improve our customer's quality, productivity, costs, environmental protection and working conditions. We are Midlands Excellence Award Winners and Investors in People gold accredited.
- We are seeking motivated students with a background in mechanical engineering and or materials science/engineering subjects.
- You will work with product development, production and application engineers, which will require good communication and teamwork skills.
- Receiving job-specific training, this is an ideal opportunity for those looking to become an accredited engineer (I.Eng/C.Eng).
- Possession of a full clean driving licence would be an advantage.
- The position is based at our Chesterfield facility working to a 35-hour week.
Areas of responsibility
- Mechanical: including machining, welding and fabrication.
- Materials: including weighing out, mixing, forming, drying/ firing, mechanical and material tests, on-site (steel plant) testing and subsequent sample submissions for evaluation at external laboratories.
- Research: Design and carrying out of experiments to minimise error by accurate recording of data and timely evaluation and reporting of results.
- IT: including use of spreadsheet, 2D/3D CAD, SAP, word processing and software systems supporting equipment operation.
- Reporting: Organised and logical reporting, archiving of reports and information for future retrieval, participation and presentation in meetings.
In addition to your student placement salary you will receive:
- Comprehensive training
- Continuous professional development
- A generous holiday allowance
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.