- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 06 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Fixed Term Contract – 12 Months
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate with some accounting experience to provide Support to the JLTMS Financial Controller and facilitate the efficient and effective running of the JLTMS Finance department. Ensure the production of accurate Management Accounting information in accordance with the Group reporting requirements and timetable.
The JLT Group is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services. Our client proposition is built upon our deep specialist knowledge, client advocacy, tailored advice and service excellence. Together, we place our clients first, champion independent thinking and expect to be judged on the results we deliver.
The JLT Group has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since October 1987 and today has a market capitalisation of over £2.5bn. The business has been very successful and has grown substantially over recent years with employee numbers increasing from 5,000 to over 11,000 over the last 5 years. Today JLT has offices across 41 territories.
* Production of monthly management accounting information for allocated Group companies in line with department and Group deadlines.
* Prepare and amend accounting entries to ledgers
* Review trial balances and individual accounts for relevance and accuracy
* Perform Balance Sheet reconciliations as required to manage Balance sheet positions
* Amend errors and create accruals and prepayments as appropriate
* Produce draft P&L and Balance Sheet for review along with accounting analyses of costs as required.
* Monthly revaluation of overseas/foreign currency intercompany balances and term loans.
* Prepare and input relevant monthly journals
* Assist JLT India with JLTMS accounts payable invoices that are appropriately coded before payment and ledger update, using the Invoice Management System.
* Qualified by experience or a minimum degree gradated level
* Excellent IT Skills – Especially around Word and Excel
* Demonstrates flexibility around the role they perform
* Provides support to colleagues with high workloads.
We offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within Jardine Lloyd Thompson in the UK, typical benefits can include:
* Employee share schemes
* Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Private healthcare scheme
JLT aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Curve Group Holdings Ltd
Welcome to The Curve Group.
Established in 2004, we are The Recruitment and HR Superheroes on a Quest: ‘To Create Extraordinary People Solutions That Transform Working Lives’. We provide Agile, Transparent and Bespoke Recruitment and HR services.
We are the UK’s largest privately-owned Recruitment Outsource provider and are
- Recruitment & HR
- in London, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2004