- Chelmsford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 27 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 25,000.0 per year
To plan, execute and deliver manufacturing projects according to strict deadlines and within company margins. This includes coordinating the efforts of the manufacturing team and its Partners in order to deliver projects according to the plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s technical objectives; oversee customer satisfaction, so that repeat business and new opportunities can be gained.
• Direct and manage manufacturing projects from beginning to end.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and customers.
• Develop full scale project plans and associated communication documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and customers in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with projects on an ongoing basis.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, sales forecasts, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Where required, negotiate with senior management the need for new services, new technologies and new equipment for new projects.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and customers.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the projects team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, quotations, proposals, documentation and presentations.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members (including suppliers) and customers, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Build, develop and grow business relationships vital to the success of the company.
• Experience in a similar manufacturing role is preferable.
• Strong problem-solving abilities, attention to detail and reliability.
• Proactive and innovative.
• To work effectively on your own and as part of a team, with a positive 'can-do’ attitude.
• The ability to prioritise workload.
• The ability to work well and accurately in a time-constrained and pressured environment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
If interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply now.
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.
By applying for this position please take a few moments to view our Privacy Notice on our Orion website which details how we retain and process your data. Alternatively please give us a call so we can discuss this with you.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Orion Electrotech
Orion Electrotech is a privately owned business operating with over 50 specialist recruitment consultants in offices based in Reading and Aylesbury.
Across our five core market sectors, Engineering, Gas, Aerospace, Construction and Technology we are able to offer our candidates and clients both contract and permanent recruitment service
- Recruitment & HR
- in Chelmsford, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 1996