- Edinburgh, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 15 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
This position will be responsible for delivery of, and assisting with, a wide range of Accounting processes. The person will be given responsibility to execute and improve these processes so that the immediate Accounting and wider organisational objectives are met in the most time efficient, accurate and effective manner.
Responsibilities of the Financial Accountant include:
- Monthly review and challenge of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting with quarterly intercompany ‘service billing’ recharge processes.
- Daily preparation and reporting of power and gas trading exchange reconciliations.
- Monthly gross margin/profit and loss financial close responsibility including accurate journal entries in relation to the operation of the Company’s power stations, accruals and provisions analysis and variance analysis.
- Preparation of monthly accounting entries and analysis relating to the Company’s Long Term Service Agreements (LTSAs).
- Complex government returns e.g. Office for National Statistics and carbon levy returns.
- Industry-specific analysis of key income and expense items, for example Ancillary Services revenue and Balancing Use of System (BSUoS) charges.
- Preparation of complex VAT returns.
- Preparation of FRS101 annual statutory accounts.