You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Edinburgh, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We’re making a series of significant changes across the wealth solutions business of Prudential UK as part of our contribution to make M&G Prudential the best loved and most successful savings and investments business. These changes are part of our strategy to modernise Prudential UK so that we can regain our reputation for innovation, reduce costs and become a truly digital business.
- Building a secure public cloud platform to enable our teams to deliver with minimal friction
- Building natural language conversational interfaces to give our customers a smooth experience, and our sales people a major productivity boost
- Working in multi-discipline feature teams, alongside designers, analysts, product managers, user experience specialists and information security experts
- Exploring the latest container orchestration platforms, then selecting and building out the one that best suits our needs
- Building a design system to make collaboration across user experience, design and engineering smooth, and effortlessly give our visual user interfaces a consistent look and feel
- Automating our software delivery processes to make them fast, visible, and ensure we’re building quality in from the outset
- Taking centre stage in three-day ‘hothouse’ sessions intensively collaborating on building software to solve a real business problem
We are working hard to build a technology foundation fit for a modern digital, insight-led, responsive business. This means we can offer an exceptionally broad set of exposure and growth opportunities to people pursuing a career in business technology.
Technologies we’ve been working with recently have included:
- Microsoft Azure cloud
- Serverless frameworks
- HD Insight
- Databricks analytics platform, Spark etc
- Storybook AppDynamics
- Adobe Experience Manager
During the eight-week internship, and you will have the opportunity to work in one of the following teams: engineering, delivery, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), business analysis or data analytics.
Every day is different - from running user research on new products that are coming to market; developing customer, advisor and operational experiences; to making new components and releases live in our production environment. As an intern, you will make valuable contributions to your team and will be involved in a variety of tasks.
Each intern will have a buddy from our graduate cohort who will provide informal support and promote integration with the M&G Prudential family. You’ll also have the opportunity to attend networking and social events which are essential for promoting the work life balance encouraged at M&G Prudential.
What we are looking for
If you share our values, are passionate about technology and you’re a penultimate year undergraduate student heading for a 2:1, get in touch to start your journey.
Accepted degree subjects
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About M&G Investments
M&G has been helping people to prosper by putting their investments to work for more than 85 years. Today we manage the long-term savings of millions of people across Europe, Asia and the Americas. Our customers include private investors, members of pension schemes and life insurance policyholders.
We think of ourselves as active al
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- in Edinburgh, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1931