- Leeds, UK
- Part-time employment
- Apply by 07 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 28,050.0 per year
If so, then the Community Respiratory Team in Leeds is looking for you.
We are a well-established team made up of Respiratory Nurse Specialists, Specialist Respiratory Physiotherapists and Clinical Support Assistants, and form part of the Long Term Conditions services within Leeds Community Healthcare. The service operates 8.30am to 4.30pm 7 days a week, with the weekend being staffed on a rota.
Due to service expansion we have a vacancy for a part time Band 6 Occupational Therapist.
This is an exciting new venture for the successful applicant to help develop a specialist Occupational Therapy role within the team. You will be involved in service development with a focus being on pathway development and cross learning within the wider team.
What will you do?
- Help develop and run a low intensity exercise class for patients with respiratory disease, predominantly COPD and Interstitial Lung Disease. There may be some severe cardiac patients attending the group.
- Support patients within their own homes to re-engage with activities whilst coping with their condition
- Work collaboratively between Primary and Secondary care
- Manage a caseload of patients
- COPD Early Review Service
- Home Visits for hospital discharge as well as Chronic Disease Management
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Home Oxygen Service in Leeds which provide assessment and monitoring for Respiratory and Non-Respiratory patients requiring home oxygen.
- COPD Integrated Service - collaborative between LTHT and LCH
What do we offer?
- A commitment to your development - mentorship, training, audit and clinical supervision
- Opportunities to access external training relevant to the role
- Working in a supportive, friendly environment within a team which highly values its patients and staff
- Opportunities for involvement in service development and innovation.
- Applicants ideally need to have had significant experience of managing patients with long term conditions however for all candidates training, support and development will be provided to ensure that staff feel confident and competent to meet the requirements of the role.
- You will be highly motivated and be able to work independently managing your own workload
Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the locality and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes. If required adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Equality Act. The post requires an enhanced DBS check.
Job Type:PermanentWorking pattern:30 Hours per weekPay Scheme:Agenda for changePay Band: 6 Staff Group:Allied Health ProfessionalsSpecialty/Function:Respiratory
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- in Leeds, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948