You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The Telegraph are looking for the Data Scientists of the future: working with Data Engineering, Software Developers and subject matter experts, you’ll bring your own expertise and enthusiasm to the team helping them to move from abstract concepts, through to design and build.
Data is pivotal in adding value to our customers and to our organisation. Marketing optimisation, Natural Language Processing, churn propensity modelling and subscriptions forecasting are all exciting projects we're tasked with. You will work closely with cross-discipline teams, taking responsibility for gathering requirements and assisting with the planning and execution of relevant projects.
What you'll do:
- You’ll be trained by a well established data science team with an excellent track record of delivering innovative projects. You will be taught all the latest technology skills relevant to data challenges such as Python, Deep Learning, SQL and R
- You’ll be assigned to live projects and become part of the delivery team at the Telegraph. Recent work delivered includes recommendations, Churn propensity modelling and subscriptions forecasting.
- Work closely with the Data Engineering functions of the business in order to receive an end to end understanding of the work involved.
- You will be involved in our agile way of working and be included in our stand ups, weekly meetings and sprint planning sessions in order to become better acquainted with planning and delivery methodology followed by The Telegraph.
- Desire to work with data and how it can help an organisation make better decisions
- Curious, analytical and great at solving problems
- Flexible and adaptable communicator, you can tell a great factual story that will suit the audience
- Committed to producing high quality solutions
- Educated to degree level, preferably in Computer Science or Mathematics, with at least A level mathematics or statistics
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
What you can expect from us if successful:
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development and training.
- Access to a Telegraph Mentor
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About The Telegraph
The Telegraph’s mission is to provide content that inspires people to have the perspective they want to progress in life. It delivers quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day, across its digital and print properties as well as through leading digital partners.
Founded in 1855, The Telegraph has built a diversified commerc
- Media, Publishing & Events
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1855
111 Buckingham Palace Rd, London SW1W 0DT, UK