- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 14 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 07 Mar, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
NaturalMotion’s top flight Data Science team employs cutting-edge technology to provide self-service data tools and deep-dive analysis. These tools and analysis help us to make amazing games: we work closely with product teams to constantly improve our games and make them better and more fun through data.
We have a big data store of over 250TB and more than 100 bespoke data processing jobs that run daily. You will take ownership for a project broaching a new domain for our team, within highly employable fields such as Machine Learning, Data Mining and Visualisation.
You’ll be supported by a mentor who will take responsibility for your personal development and share expertise with you to ensure your project’s success. Example projects include:
- Predicting the long-term behaviour of game users from their actions in their first few sessions.
- Predicting if a user will lapse from the game according to their recent behaviour.
- Modelling a game subsystem or building a simulation to understand player behaviour and optimise the game’s design.
- Build tools for advanced data mining of large data sets.
- Creating toolsets to visualise and evaluate AB test results and their statistical significance.
The internship is structured so that:
- In the first week you will learn to use our team’s data science tools to generate insight from raw data and understand how these tools will help you with your project.
- By the end of the first month you will have had exposure to the variety of work tackled by a live Data Science team and how to communicate the insight generated to stakeholders across the company.
- By the end of the internship you will have developed a specialisation in your unique project area and will present your discoveries to senior members of the company.
From the internship you will have gained:
- Significant experience in working in Data Science, including the terminology and techniques that exist for finding insights in large datasets.
- Expertise in your own domain within a highly employable field.
- An insider perspective into the games industry and an understanding of how the business model works, especially for free-to-play mobile games.
- Experience in project management and communication to all project stakeholders.
- You are in the penultimate year of your university degree or about to embark on a postgraduate degree.
- You can code and enjoy hacking/building things, preferably in Python.
- The idea of drawing insights from data to improve products excites you.
- You have a natural curiosity for the pattern behind things and an interest in mobile games.
What you need to include in your application:
- A cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be a good fit for the role.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
At NaturalMotion we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
Founded in 2001, we released our first title Backbreaker Football for the iPhone in 2009,
- Technology & IT
- in London, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2001