- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Packaging Project Manager(
What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
A fantastic position as a Packaging Project Manager has recently become available within the EU R&D Chocolate Packaging team.
The main objectives of this role are to, independently, plan and deliver new packaging developments, packaging growth/productivity projects, preparing and maintaining pack specifications and to deliver technical support to the European manufacturing plants. The successful candidate will need to be able to manage multiple projects of varying complexity and interdependencies. In addition the role holder will need to assess risks appropriately and minimise them throughout the development phases. Attention to detail, problem solving competencies as well as a drive to deliver projects with excellence, will be key to success.
The job holder will need to build a significant network within R&D, Marketing/Procurement/Manufacturing and externally with suppliers. Very good verbal and written communication skills are therefore essential. It will also be required for the job holder to be able to technically coach more junior team members (but not directly manage).
This position is based in Bournville, Birmingham, UK, but the work mentioned here is not limited to this facility only. It is a pan-European position and therefore some European travel (estimated around 10 to 20%) will be required.
- Demonstrates excellent packaging technology knowledge to drive the portfolio delivery, most notably in flexible, carton & corrugated board and rigid plastic materials.
- Responsibility for developing and implementing innovative packaging solutions and packaging systems with highest level of consumer acceptance at the optimum cost while maintaining an appropriate quality to drive growth
- Participates in project initiation and grasps business challenges and opportunities in scoping and refining ideas into SMART packaging briefs (meeting consumer/ customer needs and technical and supply chain requirements)
- Uses technical & business knowledge to influence commercial, supply chain & purchasing in strategic decision-making process.
- Ensures intellectual property requirements fulfilled as necessary.
- Formulates project objectives, prepares project plans & coordinates, performs & reports risk analyses, whilst demonstrating technical rigour at all times.
- Must be able to gather and analyse data and use it to drive key decisions. An experience in Designs of Experiments would be ideal.
- Draws conclusions from result of project work & share key learnings with MEU team.
- Communicates regular progress and potential issues to managers and other stakeholders within the organisation
- Issues all technical documentation for relevant work, which includes: Packaging Material Specifications, Pallet Schemes, etc...
- Conducts transfer of technology to Operations and commissions production process when required
- Participates in production start-up if necessary
- Reviews, validates and revises technical specifications & technical drawings for packaging materials/methods.
- Prepares, delivers new consumer relevant specifications from Supplier data and experimental/trial work and maintains up to date specifications in Meridian. Ensures all relevant safety and regulatory certification etc. is available together with specifications before production.
- Delivers technical support to Operations and Quality when required
- Liaises closely with the Plants (Mondelez, Co-Pack & Co-Man) to plan and coordinate trials
- Establishes a good working rapport with plant personnel to ensure maximum effectiveness of the trials and project success
- Establishes network with existing Suppliers, plus develops new Suppliers in conjunction with Procurement. Maintains contact with Suppliers on a regular basis
- Demonstrates a high degree of independence, self-direction and creativity and shows a commitment to self-development.
- Is prepared to provide some technical coaching to more junior team members
- Is an active member of the Chocolate R&D Packaging community
- Degree (or equivalent) in Packaging Design, Industrial Product Design or similar.
- Extensive experience of project management.
- Extensive relevant packaging experience in FMCG sector
- Good understanding of product / packaging development sequence
- Ability to plan and conduct short, medium and long-term projects with some level of complexity and to work on several projects simultaneously
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Job:RDQ Packaging Development
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Mondelez International
Here's a career that will take you on an exciting ride. Working with mouth-watering brands to create more moments of joy by building the best snacking company in the world.
Indulging a passion for global thinking and bold decision-making. And satisfying a craving for responsibility.
- Consumer goods
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1903