Oops, too late. Do not miss the hot jobs below
- Romsey, UK
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients. We are seeking highly motivated and knowledgeable staff to join us working across ground breaking projects within the fields of autonomy, connectivity, data analytics and cyber.
Each day, it is rare that you will have nothing new to learn. Our people use their intelligence to make the world a safer place, by combining innovation, strong industry partnerships and 60 years of experience to offer our clients truly exceptional advice, research and development..
We are offering you the chance to be part of something amazing.
What will your role look like?
Our data analytics work encompasses many all types of data and spans a wide range of customer requirements. We use a variety of software, picking the best approach to suit each problem. You might exploit your software expertise to solve big data challenges using open source technologies. Or you may develop bespoke software to analyse streaming data in real-time. Perhaps you will use your statistical background to develop machine learnt models to classify data. Or, alternatively, you could specialise in data visualisation techniques.
Roke will provide you with opportunities to expand your skills in areas such as:
- Hadoop and big data ecosystems, such as Spark and MapReduce.
- Analysis and visualisation of data using multiple languages such as Python/Java/Go/Clojure/D3/AngularJS/R.
- Open source machine learning or data processing toolkits and libraries such as SciKit-Learn, NumPy/SciPy, Keras and TensorFlow.
- Techniques and toolkits for acquiring, combining data or analysing data streams in real time. This ranges from high performance low level programming (in languages such as C/C++) to development of applications on streams frameworks, such as Apache Flink.
- Networking architectures and techniques, especially the impact of emerging networking technologies and network protocols.
What does our Graduate Development Programme look like?
At Roke we aim to recruit some of the best talent the country has to offer. In doing so we recognise that we need to provide the necessary building blocks for successful integration into the business, as well as ongoing support which will enable our graduate community to fulfil their undoubted potential. That’s why we’ve created a programme that will support individual learning and development, whilst simultaneously delivering real business value.
This emphasis on experiential learning is supported through a number of additional modules such as:
- Technical Training – delivered through an initial technical ‘bootcamp’ and enduring access to the PluralSight online training portal.
- Soft Skill Training – a series of modules focussed on developing communication skills, networking, professional etiquette and teamwork.
- Visible Leadership – regular access to senior leaders and de-mystification of internal processes
- External Visits - opportunities to attend external exhibitions/conferences in order to broaden industry knowledge and appraise the competition
- Lecture Series – opportunity to attend lectures by visiting customers and prominent academics
What do we expect from you?
Roke is looking for graduates enthusiastic about data science problems. We have a wide range of opportunities in this area so your role will vary depending on your existing experience, our customer needs and your aspirations.
Competition is high and you will need a good honours degree in a subject such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or Physics. An alternative software-based degree or a degree in the sciences or behavioural sciences will also be considered if it proves that you have the ability to objectively analyse data. Whatever your degree, we require you to have some software programming experience in one or more programming languages.
Many of our projects are highly creative, so we will be looking for graduates who have the ability to think around and propose solutions to problems. All our data science engineers need to communicate to a high standard and work effectively in multi-skilled teams, so good written and verbal communication skills are fundamental.
What additional skills would be useful?
Good understanding and interest in statistical methods would also be beneficial.
Where will you be based?
Your work will typically be located at Roke's sites in either Romsey or Gloucester, with some travel to customer sites and the possibility for you to work on secondment with one of our prestigious customers.
The benefits of working for us include:
- A highly competitive salary, pension and flexible benefits.
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
- A substantial holiday allowance, which can be supplemented by Roke’s flexi-leave scheme.
- A generous relocation allowance to help you settle into the local area and your new role.
- Onsite tennis courts, gym (including showers & changing facilities) and fishing rights on the River Test.
- Numerous company events throughout the year, including a summer music festival, bonfire night fireworks and Christmas party.
- Employee led social clubs covering numerous sports, cyber/data/robotics activities, gaming, board games and more.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve SC and/or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Roke make it our business to understand their cl
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT, Science & Research
- in Romsey, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1956
Old Salisbury Ln, Romsey SO51 0ZN, UK