- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 30 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 25 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 21,999.0 per year
IT Support Placement
Are you an undergraduate looking for a challenging and rewarding 12 month internship with Disney?
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
IT Support at Disney
Disney’s IT Support teams are responsible for ensuring that the technology used by all lines of business across the EMEA region is operating at optimal level.
Role and responsibilities:
As one of our IT Support Interns, you will be fully integrated in to the day-to-day activities of our Technical Support teams, monitoring the performance of our technology stack and providing solutions to any issues or queries.
If you are curious by nature with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to provide a high-standard of customer-service, an Internship in our IT Support or Information Security could provide an excellent springboard for your future career in Technology.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best
- A great community of interns – regular social events plus online groups to discuss housing, moving to London etc. before you join us
- Fantastic opportunities to work on charity projects - to take part in our Disney VoluntEar scheme; volunteering in a range of charitable activities within the community, and supporting our main charity, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Company-wide learning and development opportunities - e.g. Networking sessions, annual Learning Expo, Training sessions, External speakers
- Family and Friends Screenings – opportunities to see latest Disney films and series in our in-house cinema and the West End.
- Salary of £21, 000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), Season Ticket loan and fabulous discounts on a range of affiliated Disney products and destinations
- You MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education in September 2020
- You MUST have the existing right to work in the UK in place
- Applicants will be studying a relevant degree such as Information Technology and Computer Science
Please apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
- Why should Disney choose you for the 12 month placement?
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Walt Disney Company
From classic animated features and exhilarating theme park attractions to cutting edge sports coverage, and the hottest shows on television, The Walt Disney Company has been making magic since 1923, creating unforgettable stories that connect with audiences around the world. And we’re just getting started!
The key to our success…. The C
- Media, Publishing & Events, Telecommunications
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1923
3 Queen Caroline St, Hammersmith, London, UK