You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 15 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 21,000.0 per year
Are you an undergraduate looking for a challenging and rewarding 12 month internship with ESPN?
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid ESPN Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
If you have a passion for sport you’ll know that ESPN is the leading sports network in the world, with premier performances and out-of-this-world technology.
We are looking for a dynamic and creative Interns to work in the exciting and fast-paced digital world, helping to drive ESPN’s various Website and Mobile App entities (such as ESPN.co.uk, ESPNFC, ESPNCricinfo and ESPN.com).
Role and responsibilities:
As one of our Editiorial Interns, you will be fully integrated in to the day-to-day activities of our Editorial team.
You will use your wide understanding of the sports world to provide great support to our editorial teams on our sites:
- ESPN Cricinfo
- ESPN Scrum
- ESPN F1
- ESPN FC
You’ll be responsible for assisting our editorial teams on these sites. Duties will include writing and sourcing material, uploading content, photo management, research, site traffic reporting, maintenance of blogs and general admin tasks.
This role offers fantastic exposure to a wide range of duties and will be an excellent springboard for your future career as a Digital Editor.
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education in 2020
- MUST have the legal right to work in the UK
- Applicants will be studying a relevant degree such as Journalism or Digital Media.
- Excellent written English is essential
- A passion for sport
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience with ESPN and help build the foundations of your future career
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best and with the support of a brilliant community of interns
- The opportunity to be part of Company-wide learning and development initiatives including training and networking sessions, participation in our Annual Learning Expo and more...
- The chance to attend Family and Friends movie screenings, seeing the latest Disney releases in our in-house cinema or in the West End.
- Ability to join charity projects within the community, participating in our Disney VoluntEar schemes
- Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and fabulous discounts on Disney products and shows.
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s leading entertainment company. There is no better place to show what you’re made of – apply now!
Please apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
- Why should Disney choose you for the 12 month placement?
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Walt Disney Company
From classic animated features and exhilarating theme park attractions to cutting edge sports coverage, and the hottest shows on television, The Walt Disney Company has been making magic since 1923, creating unforgettable stories that connect with audiences around the world. And we’re just getting started!
The key to our success…. The C
- Media, Publishing & Events, Telecommunications
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1923
3 Queen Caroline St, Hammersmith, London, UK