- Weston-super-Mare, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 29 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated GP to our forward thinking and friendly team. Our ethos is to focus on patient centred care, whilst ensuring our work is sustainable by looking after the health and wellbeing of ourselves and our staff.
We are fortunate to work in a wonderful part of the country.
- The smallest Cathedral City in England with one of the finest Cathedrals in Europe
- A thriving local community with a rich musical life through the Cathedral and music school. There are a number of active amateur instrumental ensembles and choirs.
- A diverse cultural environment with Literature, Food and Comedy Festivals in the city
- A mix of independent shops, restaurants and pubs, with an independent local cinema
- A choice of excellent schools within Wells - primary and secondary, state and private
- 40 mins to the UNESCO world heritage city of Bath. Many attractions including excellent theatre at Theatre Royal Bath, Premiership rugby, good restaurants and fast rail connections to London
- 50 mins to Bristol. All the attractions of a good sized city again with excellent theatre at the Old Vic and the Tobacco Factory
- 30 mins to Bristol airport; a busy regional airport flying to a wide range of destinations
- 20 mins to the Glastonbury Festival Site, close enough for priority access to tickets, far enough away to avoid the chaos
- Rail links to London and beyond via Bath, Bristol and Castle Cary
- Good road links to London and the South East via A303 and M4, to Devon and Cornwall via the M5 and to the midlands in the opposite direction, with Cardiff about 90 mins away
Having established that it’s a great place to live, here are a few details about Wells Health Centre:
- 11,600 population
- Very supportive, inclusive and fair working environment
- An emphasis on team working and good communication
- We are flexible and are constantly evolving with the changing environment in primary care
- A range of age and experience within the GPs and clinical staff
- Well-established and efficient reception, administrative and nursing teams
- Specialist nursing staff in respiratory medicine and diabetes
- Two Health Connectors to promote and facilitate social prescribing
- Part of the Mendip Symphony programme – a local initiative to reduce unplanned admissions and support frail patients within the community
- Minor surgery lists
- Evolving links with other local practices
- Streamlined document workflow to reduce unnecessary workload
- Access to a range of Secondary Care services at the RUH and RNHRD in Bath, Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton, Yeovil District Hospital and Bristol Royal Infirmary, amongst others.
- Well-supported by the modern and well-appointed West Mendip Hospital close by in Glastonbury (including radiology/sonography, a Minor Injury Unit, community beds, physiotherapy service, orthopaedic assessment service), Shepton Mallet Community Hospital (including ambulatory care, community beds) and Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre (including general surgery, ENT, endoscopy, orthopaedic surgery)
- Online patient services
- “On-the-day” service supported by 3 Nurse Practitioners
- GMS training practice. (Two partners are recent former trainees of Wells Health Centre)
- EMIS Web/GPTeamNet
- Modern purpose built premises with beautiful views
- Attractive and competitive level of drawings
- Immediate parity
- Leasehold property - No buy in!
- Local training and CPD available via the Somerset GP Education Trust at no extra cost. There are two GP education sessions in Wells most months, a First 5 Group meeting once per month also and access to training opportunities across the county.
- “Armageddon clause” recently incorporated into the lease to reduce partner liability
- We are currently looking at new models of working to future proof the practice and manage the ubiquitous increase in demand on General Practice. You would play a key role in these decisions and the future shape of the practice.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type:PermanentPay Scheme:OtherStaff Group:Medical & Dental
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- in Weston-super-Mare, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948