- Luton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 29 Mar, 2019
- Posted on 02 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Graduate Programme develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Major Air Programmes (MAP) requires a Graduate Project Manager to support its growing Prime Contracting Office business. The MAP Graduate Project Manager is required to underpin the Project Management community in MAP supporting programmes such as Team Tempest, UAS programmes, Typhoon, Gripen and F35 co-ordination and International Programmes.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge. As one of our graduates, you will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree can be used.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
Key Responsibility Areas
Major Air Programmes (MAP) requires a Graduate Project Manager to support its growing Prime Contracting Office business.
The MAP Graduate Project Manager is required to underpin the Project Management community in MAP supporting programmes such as Team Tempest, UAS programmes, Typhoon, Gripen and F35 co-ordination and International Programmes.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline (i.e. Engineering) or a higher degree such as a MEng, MSc. or PhD.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- You will be able to demonstrate exposure and experience in all aspects of project planning, scheduling, work package management, sub contract management and cost control – a PM "toolbox"
- Proven project management experience in all phases of the project execution lifecycle, including the Business Winning phases will be a distinct advantage, as will the ability to develop and maintain excellent customer/ supplier relations.
- You will have excellent team working and communication skills, having worked with related functions such as Commercial, Engineering, Operations, Procurement, Quality Assurance.
- An ability to operate on a national / transnational level.
- Experience managing complex projects preferred. Good communication & presentation skills with all levels of the business essential.
- Aptitude and ability to manage a significant number of people or cross-functional teams.
Prepared to travel.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Our Assessment dates run from November 2018 to April 2019 and roles WILL be closed once offered.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Basildon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948