You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 162.0 per week
What is a Retail Apprenticeship?
It will involve working in our store as a full time team member, helping with every aspect of creating a great customer experience and learning about how a retailer operates their business.
What’s the deal?
You will work 30 hours a week on a 13 month contract, earning from £5.40 per hour dependent on location. That’s £162 a week!
What will it look like?
You will work with the team in store helping and serving customers, ensuring shelves are stocked and the store is welcoming and attractive.
This will include-
- Understanding what the Superdrug customer wants
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service
- Understanding the business and maintaining the brand reputation
- Resolving customer queries
- Using knowledge to promote products to customers
- Highlighting promotional offers to work towards achieving sales targets
- Supporting promotion changes and stock rotation
- Understanding how to increase sales through product placement
- Adhering to all policies and procedures
- Supporting store delivery of KPIs
How will it work?
You will work through a programme of learning delivered through a combination of workbooks and online learning, with the support of an Assessor and your Manager over a 12 month period to ensure you meet the standard required for the qualification.
During the 13th month of your contract you will take part in an end assessment with an independent Assessor, which includes an observation of your ability, a discussion around your experiences and a showcase/presentation of your portfolio evidence.
On completion of your End Point Assessment and Apprenticeship you will receive;
- A nationally recognised qualification - HABC Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
- An in depth knowledge of the products we sell
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Increased confidence and ability in dealing with the public
- Insight in to how a retail business operates
During your Apprenticeship you’ll also receive a staff discount and loyalty card that gives you up to 30% off products and services in store and also includes a loyalty points scheme. This is as well as online access to discounts and cash back with other retailers, all subsidised by Superdrug. As an Apprentice, you can also apply for an Apprenticeship NUS card, which gives 10% discounts at participating outlets!
You should apply for this role if you ...
- Are confident working with people
- Are hard working and looking for variety and a fast paced working environment
- Can think on your feet
- Want to develop new skills
- Are a real team player
- Have a strong work ethic and flexible approach
- Have an interest in retail business
- Want to make a difference to our customers' experience
- Are ambitious and keen to progress
- Are committed to achieving your qualification
You qualify if ...
- You have a minimum of Grade C / 4 GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- You areNOTcurrently at college or 6th form and are available for full time shifts
- YouHAVEN'Tcompleted a Customer Service apprenticeship before
- YouDON'Talreadyhave a degree or completed a year or more at University
- You are eligible to work in the UK
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Our purpose is quite simply to be the best in everyday accessible beauty and health. We are committed to bring innovation and the latest styles and trends to every high street in the UK and Southern Ireland at fantastic prices.
As well as the best big beauty and health brands, our customers will also find a host of exclusive products th
- Croydon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in