- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 06 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 22,250.0 per year
We are a UK based registered charity looking for a Fundraising and Events Officer to join our team. The charity is based in Essex and serves to support disadvantage, vulnerable and critically ill children.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
As described below, but not limited to:
- To create fundraising materials, including newsletters, fundraising leaflets, sponsorship materials and letters to donors.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the directors/trustees.
- To assist the Charity Manager in recruiting and managing fundraising volunteers and interns.
- To identify and develop new fundraising activities and events in conjunction with the Fundraising Plan and with the agreement of the directors/trustees.
- To support the Marketing Manager with promoting the work of the Foundation through presentations, the writing of PR materials, press releases, advertisements and media campaigns (online).
- To engage, develop and maintain professional relationships with individual members of the local community, local companies and other community organisations to promote one-off donations and regular giving.
- To maintain appropriate records to ensure that fundraising income is processed efficiently with timely acknowledgements, thank you letters, donor reports and gift aid claims being made.
- To research, collate and analyse data that allows for the identification of new fundraising income streams; and donor and volunteer profiles, as well as informing the directors/trustees of the fundraising performance.
- To prepare, submit and follow-up new fundraising applications and initiatives.
- Develop fundraising and communications strategy and action plans.
- Manage all fundraising events from planning stages through to and including the event days.
- Contribute new ideas for fundraising and identify suitable funding initiatives for proposals etc.
- Produce detailed annual action plans on specific areas of responsibility as outlined above, identifying areas for growth and development and outlining measurable objectives.
- Maintain organised hard and soft files of all fundraising information.
- Participate in the day-to-day work of the organisation - such as reporting, attending team and Board meetings as required, and taking a flexible approach to general administrative and support tasks.
- Managing the database, ensuring that records are up to date and that all new contacts and correspondence have been entered. This will also include an ability to segment donors and create donor profiles.
- Manage all income and outcome correspondence for the charity.
- Support the Marketing Manager with the charity’s social media platforms to generate more supporters and income (website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) continually updating.
When working in the office the hours are generally Monday to Friday, 09:30 to 17:30, with a one hour lunch break. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required for events and flexibility for travelling.
Skills, qualifications and experience needed:
- Demonstrable experience in event management and fundraising.
- Solid understanding of social media marketing and being able to use a website to maximise fundraising potential.
- Provide excellent supporter care, ensuring that donors feel valued.
- Understanding of grants and trusts and able to write applications.
- Forward thinking and innovative; able to recognise and implement new fundraising techniques.
- Have solid knowledge of the fundraising and charity sector.
- Ability to manage third party relationships and suppliers.
- Excellent MS Office skills; including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other graphics/presentation packages.
- Robust organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving.
- Good numeracy skills.
- An eye for detail including an aptitude for precision and accuracy.
- An ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter.
- Exceptional time management skills required and must be highly adaptable and flexible approach to meet the needs of the charity.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the role and be a trustworthy, honest person with a transparent nature.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.